Kopparberg Lemon and Lime Lager

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Lyons

Reaction score
Hey all,

Hope this is an acceptable place to put this topic. Just looking for some advice. I'm trying to replicate the Kopparberg Lemon and Lime lager. The other half loves it and admittedly it's a nice summer drink.

Anyway, I tried adapting a Lager Kit from LoveBrewing. All seemed to go well apart from I added too much Lemon and Lime.

I basically adapted a Cherry Lager guide and put the same weight suggested of cherries of lemon and limes (so 50/50 Lemons and Limes)....well it came out like dish water (as in so fragrant and citrus).

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to create a clone or even an idea of how much Lemon/Lime to add to a beer kit to get the subtile flavours?

Dave

Ahh sounds like a plan. New to beer brewing as always done wine. Can you use cordials in the brewing process?

Gather if you can you do it just prior to bottling? That’s once I’ve found out how much from testing with the above method.

I'd do what Clint suggests, just make a lager then add a bit of Lemon/Lime cordial to taste when you serve it. Exactly as they do in the pub when ordering a lager and lime.

Going to be way to much guesswork otherwise to add stuff into the fermentation mix and determine what it will taste like after the yeast has done its business. I've not tried the Kopparberg lager but I'm guessing it's quite sweet much like when you add cordial when serving. (I tried a Kopparbeg Cider one, not my thing I'm afraid and I like cider)

Latest posts

Back