Kronenbourg in a dark blue bottle

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Earlier this evening, as I wandered past a local tanning salon, nostalgia kicked in and along with it came the recollection that it used to be a Threshers. At one point they had a couple of new bottles, both by Kronenbourg, one white and one dark blue. The former was a wheat beer and not bad but I was quite impressed with the other. It was a reddish colour in the glass and reasonably malty (I think, I mean it was last century). Somebody told me at the time it was a good example of a "Vienna Red", whatever that is.

Does anyone else remember this as it seems to have disappeared from history? Also, what beer style was it?

PS: they seem to have packaged the "Blanc" in ice-blue bottles. It's not that one.

Earlier this evening, as I wandered past a local tanning salon, nostalgia kicked in and along with it came the recollection that it used to be a Threshers. At one point they had a couple of new bottles, both by Kronenbourg, one white and one dark blue. The former was a wheat beer and not bad but I was quite impressed with the other. It was a reddish colour in the glass and reasonably malty (I think, I mean it was last century). Somebody told me at the time it was a good example of a "Vienna Red", whatever that is.

Does anyone else remember this as it seems to have disappeared from history? Also, what beer style was it?

PS: they seem to have packaged the "Blanc" in ice-blue bottles. It's not that one.

Kronenbourg Premier Cru

220px-1664_beer_white_and_blue_bottles.jpg

It was a 6% pale lager. A bit different from the norm at the time.

Back