Krups Sub keg & homebrew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gazc

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am awaiting a delivery of the Krups Sub mini keg ( I know this hasn’t got a great rep on here) but..... my thinking behind it is once I’ve drank the 12no 2l torps that I’ve order with it I can refill with my homebrew kits.
2 questions really - has anyone on here got one and what do you think about it? (A lot of the negative responses On the forum I read we’re regarding the idea and not with the experience of using one)
Secondly have you tried to refill the torps and how did it go.

Again thanks all

F5FD64E9-B128-4F5E-A2AB-CDDCBE510157.jpeg

I'm looking at the sub aswell waiting on the stock returning with the same view theres a video on youtube a boy filling them without any issues my only concern is that it's going to push the sediment into the beer isnt it?

That’s the same video I saw that finally made up my mind to start making homebrew (and the fact all the Brewdog torps are £15). I never really thought about the sediment, I suppose i have nothing to lose by trying. On the point of the Sub I couldn’t be more impressed with it and it’s only been 24hrs - just need more stock and soon as only got 4 torps and they’ve all gone 🙈🙈

That’s the same video I saw that finally made up my mind to start making homebrew (and the fact all the Brewdog torps are £15). I never really thought about the sediment, I suppose i have nothing to lose by trying. On the point of the Sub I couldn’t be more impressed with it and it’s only been 24hrs - just need more stock and soon as only got 4 torps and they’ve all gone 🙈🙈
From what uve read they put the price if the torps up recently with the pubs closing think that's why a lot of people dont like them I just assume that the sediment from 2 worth mite no be noticable once poured

Yea I get that but the likes of Heineken, Amstel, Cruzcampo and Moretti are only £8/£9 so I can live with that. Waiting for Gandalf ipa to come back into stock.

Next time the Heineken offer with 8 torps comes back I'll be ordering used to have the wunderbar pump but 5l kegs went flat quick this is a better design so should be better

Just an update regarding re-filling the torps with homebrew - I bottled 4 on Tuesday and 2 have blown off 🙈 I’ve not lost too much beer so I am going to persevere and see how it ends up. I’m sure I’ve seen somewhere that some of the cask ale types come with locking pins so that might be worth looking into?
Would underfilling them slightly next time work better??

Just an update regarding re-filling the torps with homebrew - I bottled 4 on Tuesday and 2 have blown off 🙈 I’ve not lost too much beer so I am going to persevere and see how it ends up. I’m sure I’ve seen somewhere that some of the cask ale types come with locking pins so that might be worth looking into?
Would underfilling them slightly next time work better??
Did u mabe over carb them? On the video he put a bit glue on them could you mabe next time try and secure them in mabe with the wire from wine bottles some how?

Did u mabe over carb them? On the video he put a bit glue on them could you mabe next time try and secure them in mabe with the wire from wine bottles some how?
Yea I suppose, it was the Young’s American ipa kit that comes with the correct amount of priming sugar - think I’ll give the glue a try. It wasn’t like a major explosion and probably lost 1/5 of a pint so I can live with that

More of an update regarding refilling the torps -
yes it works,
Yes they taste great,
Yes I will be doing it again.

3 of the 4 torps were fantastic, 1 lost most of the carbonation when the lid blew, I think as I managed to put the lids back on so quickly with the other 2 they was fine - so I would definitely recommend using a little glue ( I did this on the one that didn’t blow)
Regarding all the sediment, all pints were clear - and when the torps were ‘empty’ all the sediment was still in the torp? I don’t know how that happened or if it was just good luck - but I was happy either way!

It was easy, I only dab a couple of dots on either side - it just picked off with a blunt knife

Following with interest as thinking of this. Just put my st peters stout on this morning and was gonna refill the torbs instead of bottling. Last time I used the sugar pellets was wondering what to use and how much this time

Back