Kveik - temperature question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fury_tea

Landlord.
Reaction score
I have a Kveik beer in the brew fridge we speak. Pitched yeast Saturday night, it was absolutely roaring at 35c all Sunday then this morning it's slowed right down and temp is registering 30c and tested gravity and it's at 1.016 which is probably very close to finishing now (sg 1.070).

My question is what do I do about the temp now. Do I let it naturally fall now or do I keep it high to clean up? It was sitting around 30c so I set the fridge to 30c and it's dropped itself to 28c now so it naturally just wants to fall. Do I just let it?

Cheers

I'm no pro but I've done a few kveik and just left it do its thing

It's insane the speed it works at I always left it a couple of days any way

I've just done a dry hop so it needs to stay in the primary for another day or 2 really. I'll just follow it down slowly I think.. just drop the temperature to match what it's naturally when I see it. I wonder if a 30c dry hop is a good idea anyway.

Also I had a taste and I know it's only 2 days since pitch but it tastes very harshly alcoholic at the moment. Almost like I dumped a couple of bottles of vodka in there!

Yep I was worried about initial tastes and smell but turned very good in the end higher temp might draw out hop oils better

Latest posts

Back