Kveik

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny that it can finish that fast even at those temps. Haven't tried that Kveik myself. Interesting, thanks for sharing.
Look for earlier posts for this yeast. I and another member report really slow fermentation previously. Which is why this one surprised me. I should add that I built a sizeable starter and then found me fermenter was too small so I poured the lot into a larger fermenter giving a realy good oxygenation. These may both be factors.

Look for earlier posts for this yeast. I and another member report really slow fermentation previously. Which is why this one surprised me. I should add that I built a sizeable starter and then found me fermenter was too small so I poured the lot into a larger fermenter giving a realy good oxygenation. These may both be factors.
Probably it then. Giving optimal work environment for the yeast is always good. Don't know about this Kveik, but I can see that you didn't underpitch. Nice and strong yeast and lots of it and plenty of o2.

Used the Voss in an IPA (GH APA) last Saturday and adjusted to a 21L brew @35°C. OG 1.058 and SG 1.010 and still slightly blibbing, so hopefully ready tomorrow. Sample tasted good. Really impressed so far, it didn't take off like I thought it would and not a massive krausen but the airlock was going mad on the Sunday and Monday.

Used the Voss in an IPA (GH APA) last Saturday and adjusted to a 21L brew @35°C. OG 1.058 and SG 1.010 and still slightly blibbing, so hopefully ready tomorrow. Sample tasted good. Really impressed so far, it didn't take off like I thought it would and not a massive krausen but the airlock was going mad on the Sunday and Monday.
I've tried fresh liquid kveik took a week or so then kids got me lallemand voss kveik for fathers day finished in 3 days mental

I've tried fresh liquid kveik took a week or so then kids got me lallemand voss kveik for fathers day finished in 3 days mental
I actually thought it never started was asking on here any problem with that type when good ol Clint said its probably done I laughed to myself done a read it dropped from 1050 to 1010 in 48 hrs

I'm quite amazed by it...the proof though is in the beer...I tried one of my first batch and it's very promising..
I've done 2 with an irish brand liquid yeast and they taste fine not as clear as my normal beers but I think I will figure it out after a few brews I'm really liking the speed of this lallemand dry one though

Latest posts

Back