LAB Open 2020

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just came in to post about this, but you've beaten me to it!

Even if you don't enter the competition, do come down to Hammerton Brewery in London on 3rd May as you'll be able to taste every single entry - the biggest home brew tasting in the country, and one of the biggest in the world.

We also always need people to help steward the judging, which basically means taking the judges bottles and then recording the scores they give the bottle. You'll also get to taste the beer and discuss it with the judges, who are all trained and virtually all BJCP qualified.

It's a great way to improve your brewing by understanding what you are tasting and how to critically evaluate beer.

LAB Open has been cancelled..asad1

Anybody up for swapping beers that were intended for the comp?

I have;
American Amber
Belgian Pale

We desperately didn’t want to cancel, but really we have no choice.

In 7 weeks time we’d still struggle to get judges, not to mention that we’d be outlaying several thousand pounds for the event that would be at risk.

We desperately didn’t want to cancel, but really we have no choice.

In 7 weeks time we’d still struggle to get judges, not to mention that we’d be outlaying several thousand pounds for the event that would be at risk.
Its a shame, but understandable. Difficult situation.

Me fears this is the first of many cancellations within the brewing fraternity

Latest posts

Back