Label designing software

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wez

Landlord.
Reaction score
Can anyone reccomend some good (free) software for creating beer labels, I'd like to have a standard template where I just change the beer name etc. I like Alemans labels, what did you use?

Cheers Chaps, loads to go at there :thumb:

Aleman uses BeerLabel Builder, then saves the Huge preview jpg to his local hard disk, edits it in Photoshop (to remove the Beerlabel builder tag, add a plain background OG FG Information - any additional images) and ends up with something like

EffinOB.jpg

I then use the Labels template in Word to print them onto sticky labels using the laser printer at work

Aleman said:
Aleman uses BeerLabel Builder, then saves the Huge preview jpg to his local hard disk, edits it in Photoshop (to remove the Beerlabel builder tag, add a plain background OG FG Information - any additional images) and ends up with something like

Good one Aleman. I took your lead and did similar except I stuck it into gimp. :thumb:

Cheers guy's I'm having a play with label builder and gimp :cool:

These sites are cool

[attachment removed - to replace image please upload it to an image host and link]

I used Gimp to make this....

GeniusBottleLabel.png

I thought that if i make it look as reall to a "bought" one then i could lull my none homebrew drinkers into a false sense of security :grin: it's worked 3 times now!!!! :party:

When I took up a new job for a labeling/software company a few months ago, I didn't realise it would have any effect on my beer brewing hobby.

Word soon got around that I brewed my own beer and since then I've managed to get 1500 8cm circular custom labels made using a peelable adhesive. They were pressed today so I tried them out on a bottle - they are perfect and leave no adhesive residue when peeled off so no more scrubbing bottles! They're not printed yet though. (One tip that I was told today for removing stubborn adhesive residue is to use lighter fluid.)

I recently brewed a Guinness clone with a friend that happens to work at the same office and I sit next to an Irish guy so we've named the beer after him, 'McCullough'... This is the label which I'm hoping to print using the label printing machines downstairs:

mccullough_circular.png

Given that I have 1500 labels (which I worked out would be about five years worth) I'm happy to give away a load so PM me if interested.

Latest posts

Back