Labelling your bottles (with your own labels)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine done, the old fashioned way! More info here. Thanks for the milk method! :thumb:

P1050336.JPG

P1050381.rotated.resized.JPG

Brewed in September and bottled in January? Were these beers lagered as I would not be comfortable storing them in the FV for so long?

I ordered some self-adhesive round labels from eBay but suddenly realised that they would probably be a pain to get off again! However when they arrived it turns out that they are "budget" labels, shall we say, and the glue is not too strong. Having said that, the quality is fine - they aren't rubbish.

Of course they come on an A4 sheet so are easy to print. I can't be bothered to do artwork so I find the logo or label on the internet or photograph the kit label. My 6-year-old won't let me stick the labels on, they insist on doing the lot, so I don't even have to do that.

All very easy, the only fiddle was getting the template right so the printing lines up, but you only have to do that once.

So if you're a lazy labeller, this is one option to consider. If you don't have a 6-year old to stick the labels on, you can borrow mine.

Sorry for the rubbish photo.

e96vwh.jpg

Hmm chaps, the milk method works great with glass but not so good on PET bottles as they flex and the labels fall off. What else is recommended? Pritt stick? UHU? Cheers

Love these labels but I spend hours getting labels off recycled bottles and life is just too short.. Like the coloured dot idea though. Its a lucky dip with a few of my brews now..

olriley said:
Mine done, the old fashioned way! More info here. Thanks for the milk method! :thumb:

P1050336.JPG

P1050381.rotated.resized.JPG
Now your just showing off with the letterpress. Thinking of printing my labels on temporary crackback and then cutting them into ovals using a cutter

Back