Lactose

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cisk

Reaction score
Hi i have done a coopers irish stout and i added 300gr of lactose at the start can any body tell me
how much that can push the Final SG up by , what would be the normal Final SG with no lactose ?
Thanks for any help

For a better idea you're probably best putting the info through a brewing software.
Although...as it is the kit should be good at around 1.010 and you could easily add another 10 points on that with lactose..

Hi Clint thanks for your reply so 1.020 could be the finished reading then , next time i will add it at the finish so i can get Final SG . thank again

You need to put it in at the end of the boil..
Oops! Sorry...you're adding to a kit...boil the lactose for a few minutes then add it to the fv at the start.

Thats what i did but i dont know how much sugar the lactose as left in so i cant get a Final SG reading
Must be better to put it in after it finished so i get a true reading

If you put your recipe in brew software it'll give you a figure.
If you can't,just leave it two weeks and take a reading. Then take readings after that every few days until it's stable.

Thanks Clint for that i will give it a go see what it works out to ,again thanks for your help

Latest posts

Back