Lager recipes

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

Sadfield

Landlord.
Reaction score
Wai-iti hops late in the boil and/or dry hop in a Lager base.

Edit: When I think about it, I also paired them with Wakatu hops in a low abv lime-less lager and lime, I brewed. Double the lime component with peach notes from the Wai-iti and floral from the Wakatu.

Last edited:

Weizenberg

Reaction score
with 2 packs of m54 at 19c, I would expect it to be done in a week as well. Longer won't hurt it though.
200g of hops is a lot for a lager. Assuming most of those will be dry hopped/hopstand, you'll get a beer more akin to a hoppy ale than a lager.
I'm surprised at the high temperatures quoted for lager.

Compare this with mine, which are pitched at 5C and ferment main at 9C. It's about 9 days for primary to complete before they are transferred to lager vessels (conditioning, which is from 5->0C over about eight weeks).

Reaction score
I'm surprised at the high temperatures quoted for lager.

Compare this with mine, which are pitched at 5C and ferment main at 9C. It's about 9 days for primary to complete before they are transferred to lager vessels (conditioning, which is from 5->0C over about eight weeks).
I've googled the yeast in question, the temperature is right, however I'm not sure it's true to the style recipe.

Agentgonzo

Landlord.
Reaction score
I've googled the yeast in question, the temperature is right, however I'm not sure it's true to the style recipe.
It's possibly not "true to style", but who are you making it for? Critical beer judges, or your own/spouse's pallettes? Does it matter to you if it's not "true to style"?

Reaction score
It's possibly not "true to style", but who are you making it for? Critical beer judges, or your own/spouse's pallettes? Does it matter to you if it's not "true to style"?
Well you're right, some ppl enjoy lagers made even with kveik.🤣😂

I've really read up on that yeast, and I put it on my shopping list. We'll see.

If I make a lager, I'm interested in the journey, the long wait for the fermentation, the long wait to clear itself, and then 10 or so proud days whilst I drink it.

Latest posts