Lager type beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Today for the first time on my short Ag journey I hit all my numbers 21L 1045 og I am happy as Larry, going to have a few beers no driving tomoz, think I have finally cracked the klarstein and brew mate, just got to pitch the gervin
IMG_20190908_192103.jpg
IMG_20190908_192001.jpg

I would like to say thank you to Philbrew, Matt76, Foxbat, Terrym, there maybe more sorry guys, for helping me on my journey, clapaclapaacheers. sorry for multiple emoticons Chippy but I think in this case it's ok athumb..

Ah cool, that's the just-the-mash-kettle one, right? Nice athumb..

Yeah I'd seen that, looks very good value and would probably do the trick. Just can't decide if I want to pony up for the next one up with all its fancy programmable stuff.

Do you need to do much hands on with this one like stirring during the mash and/or boil or can you pretty much walk away?

Hi Matt it's not a lot of hands on really, for the mash for 21L I need 29L water the kettle holds 27 so I put 20 in the kettle and 9 in a bucket for dunking put the bag in and set temp to 67c when it hits 67c it knocks the heat off put the grains in give a good stir to get rid of any dough balls, set temp to 66c put the lid on set timer for 60mins when temp drops below 66c heat will turn on usually twice in the hour I stir every 20 mins on the hour it will ping and shut the heat off completely, drain the bag give it a good dunk and squeeze normally about 10 mins while I do this I turn the heat on set temp to 110c at 2500w pour the remaining liquid in you should have about 25.5L once you hit the hot break knock the 900w switch off and leave it on 1600w set timer for 60mins or what ever time you boil for add the 60 min hops note the time then add your other stuff as and when, you have the timer and a led panel with the temp on but no programs or pump, I have found if I want to mash at 66c I set temp at 64 but I suppose this goes for all these machines, it looks a lot of faff written down but it's not really I love it and clean up is a doddle acheers.

Latest posts

Back