Lager

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

APINTA

Regular.
Reaction score
I am having problems with my larger I brewed it waited until fermentation stopped the bottled and put it into a cold place straight away (which I do not think I should of done ) I went to open a bottle it was fizzy but no nice head. I remember when I brewd the the same beer last year it was great and everybody how great it was it was the Wilko Lager Pils and it was great. But this I do not know what has gone wrong. What I have done was got the bottles out the fridge shaken the sediment that seemed to liven them up a bit it seemed to show more froth in the bottle. now leaving the them in the warm will that do the trick? of is it just a case of bottling it to early or putting them in the fridge to soon I did wait until the beer had cleared before I put them in the fridge. The yeast I used was for Lagers and it was SafAle S33

From what I can see online, S33 is an ale yeast rather than a lager yeast so it’ll need to be kept warm for fermenting and carbonating!

Latest posts

Back