Lalbrew London..again

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just been having a Google on suggested water profile for this and the Burton on Trent popped up.
The info on the Craft Beer channel and from the brewer during the video said burtonise the water which is a bit vague.

I have been in contact with one of the five points team and water info quote was the brewers quote, so no more info than that did I get. They brew in london so maybe they just add salts to get those numbers and leave the rest to the water gods at Thames Water.
But if there's an alkalinity for the Burtonised water that you can fit to the other salts I mentioned we're all hanging out for it.

I dry hopped the 3c with verdant two days ago...its the thickest krausen I've ever seen...like whipped cream!

😂🤣😂🤣

My NEIPA was the same @Clint

This was mine after 10 days in the FV:

986AF65D-1109-4888-B034-CE0BCABB2FCC.jpeg

Just kegged my 5 Points effort. Not quite sure what happened with this one. It started really quickly, then looked to have finished after 4 days, but it had stalled at 1.020. So I gave it a gentle swirl and upped the temperature to 22C after which it came back to life. In the end I left it in the FV for 24 days. Filled two cornies and 5 bottles.
This yeast doesn’t like to clear, even after cold crash to 0C and fined with gelatine, the aftermath looked like this:
7A6EA1C1-4BDB-41EC-8D1F-C520B24F0350.jpeg

The bitter profile from Murphys in this post is probably a good place to start - none of these weird US ideas on British water...
Perhaps the brewers advice from 5 points brewery rather than Murphys should be followed? as in post 15

Regarding the water profile for Best, I have this from the head brewer: "Hi mate, if you
could pass to on aim for ~190 ppm calcium, 200 ppm chloride and 330 ppm sulphate."

Just kegged my 5 Points effort. Not quite sure what happened with this one. It started really quickly, then looked to have finished after 4 days,
This yeast doesn’t like to clear, even after cold crash to 0C and fined with gelatine, the aftermath looked like this:
I used a big starter and WLP 013 and it went really fast then closed transfer. I did find on my previous effort that it wouldn't clear until I transferred it off the yeast then it got there in a cool room and no finings
Perhaps a transfer to the kegs on some gelatin after the diacetyl rest ( if you do one) might do the trick

I used a big starter and WLP 013 and it went really fast then closed transfer. I did find on my previous effort that it wouldn't clear until I transferred it off the yeast then it got there in a cool room and no finings
Perhaps a transfer to the kegs on some gelatin after the diacetyl rest ( if you do one) might do the trick

I’ve got my kegs stored at 5C so hopefully in a couple of weeks it will clear up nicely.

0C5465C3-D2E2-4719-A990-E62CC0CAA493.jpeg

Just as an update it cleared up nicely. This is now 30 days since I kegged.
It’s very drinkable, and certainly has the flavour profile of Fuggles as you’d expect.

You can't get clearer than that. I just finished my barrel the other day of 5 points and this was the last pint.
IMG_20210904_185743.jpg

Will be using the hop missile as a hop back next brew.

Mine looks like this… bottled version of 5Points on the right, my kegged version on the left. It’s been in the keg for a few weeks now maybe 5 in fact. Not really had much of a charge at it but the bitterness has mellowed a little nice grassy/touch of floral character. Tasty brew. Gonna be watching the GAA Final tomorrow and I’ll be sharing a few with some people. Let’s see how it’s received!
C14ED0D2-58C1-4F50-BA49-9417E3A3592C.jpeg

Latest posts

Back