Lallemand Nottingham

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chillipickle

Landlord.
Reaction score
I done my first all grain brew on sunday using nottingham yeast, Sg was 1056.Pitched approx 4pm and kept it at 18.5c.It has been under pressure at 10psi.

Just taken a reading, no krausen or what looks like any activity its reading 1008, does nottingham normally finish this fast, is 1008 normal for this yeast?
First time i have used it.

cheers.

Used it recently on a Proper Job clone and it was bubbling away in less than 12 hours and seemed to be done in 4 days (no airlock activity). Took a sample after 7 days to confirm FG and it was spot on with the recipe.

Same as mine, that started off within 12 hours.I have only used mangrovejacks m44 and safale 05, they both take atleast 24hrs to get going for me.

Time to raise temp to 21c for few days.

I used Lallemand Nottingham for the first time last month, it was done in 4 days but left it for another week for cleanup etc.

Good attenuation, very quick, cleans up perfectly and drops out perfectly in the bottle and FV. May become my default for ale's

Latest posts

Back