Landlord Festival Ale kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonedog

Reaction score
Hi all,
I just started this kit,but it was only 4.3%abv.I decided to add 400g of brewing sugar when I mixed the wort.When I checked it it came out at about 5.3%abv.Question is will that extra sugar effect the taste at all? TIA

Timothy Taylor's landlord is 4.3% and the festival kit is a clone. Extra sugar will make your beer stronger but thinner. Although there are many other variables to consider.

Key beginner advice is stick with the ingredients stated until you're confident with your technique. That being said, you've done it now and you're extremely unlikely to get landlord on your first attempt.

You will want to try stick to the 2+2+2 rule. That's 2 weeks fermentation, 2 weeks warm in bottles/keg and 2 weeks cold condition. It may seem like eternity when you're new to home brewing but it's true time is a healer.

For future brews remember u can always add more but u can't take it away. So next time do to instructions and if u feel u want it stronger u can do a secondary fermentation at the point fermentation has finished when u would normally bottle/keg.

Latest posts

Back