Larger kegs 30-50L

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ghillie

Landlord.
Reaction score
So I've been kegging in cornies for a few months now and I'm very pleased with the results.

My mate has recently built a bar in his house and buys in 88 pint sankey kegs to run on his system.

Looking into the possibility of doing double batches, filling a sankey style keg (30-50L) and force carbing as normal.

Has anyone got much experience with sankey style kegs, either stainless or the new PET ones which are on the market? Which are good and which are not so good?

There's always the option of bringing my cornies round of course, although I'd imagine I'd need a few various adapters and such for them to marry up with the sankey coupler?

Cheers!

Hi!
Where are you sourcing your Sankey kegs?
Yet to be confirmed @Bigcol49. I did read an ancient thread on another forum and apparently there's an outfit "Morrow Brothers" who sell adapted Sankey kegs for home brew use. So I sent them an email.

Been looking at EcoKegs and KeyKegs which initially took my interest. The issue is the inability to force carb in them, which is a total deal breaker.

I'm thinking it may be easier to simply remove the beer and gas lines from my mate's Sankey coupler and bang them on a pair of QD's and use my cornies. I'm sure he had JG fittings on the coupler last time I saw it anyway (as do I on my QD's) - so a 30 second job. What do you think?

Last edited:
When I had to order a g type coupler the other day I noticed you can get adapters to connect corny posts to sankey and g type couplers.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Think the easiest option would be just to rock up with a couple of cornies instead. The fact that swapping the beer/gas lines on the sankey coupler to beer/gas QD's would take two seconds, makes getting a sankey keg (along with a coupler and ball lock post adapters for carbing) a lengthy and expensive route to go down.

Two cornies means two different beers as well I suppose!

Yea and as been suggested maybe he could chip in for a Cornie or two perhaps you might start making lager for them as well

Yea and as been suggested maybe he could chip in for a Cornie or two perhaps you might start making lager for them as well
Yeah I think that's the best bet. Good thing about this cold weather is that I could lager the kegs in the garage without the need for the fridge too.

Lager???

Maybe time for some new friends...
I know you're joking, but I really don't understand this aversion to lager that some people appear to have. Most cheap commercial lager is, of course, pish. But then so is a lot of cheap commercial ale. A good lager is a thing of beauty and is a lot more challenging to reproduce at home. :hat:

Latest posts

Back