Late hops, dry hopping & hop tea - whats the difference?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In my brewing I have used recipes that call for different methods of adding hops after the boil. For example late hops to be added to the boil after its cooled to below 70C, adding a hop tea (which I suppose is just another way of steeping hops) and lastly dry hopping. My question is would these methods produce the same or similar taste in the beer from the same amount of hops? What would be difference for each method?

Just wondering.... acheers.

I have tried everything regarding hopping and the difference is minimal (others may disagree) it’s a personal preference and we all have our little quirky way of doing it.
I tend to bitter as recommended, add a fair bit when temp is below 80 degrees then a decent dry hop
Works for me so I’m happy with that

Thanks for your reply and I'm of the same opinion as you. Hop tea and dry hopping are my preferred way of adding post boil hops. I was just wondering if each method influenced the end taste differently.

I've all but given up dry hopping, preferring a hop steep post-boil: less faffing plus I found dry hopping often produced gushing bottles and have read of others having the same. Taste-wise I can't tell the difference.

Latest posts

Back