Lauri Love case: Hacking suspect wins extradition appeal

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My view is - If you don't want to do the time don't do the crime, he should have been extradited.

My 1st thoughts are we need to stream line the process for this and we should give the guy a job at MI5

As someone who has recently had my blog hacked I am in a bad mood about Hackers in general.

I don't get the argument he won't get a fair trial in the states... on what grounds? Surely if the evidence is there he did it, hes guilty?

I am sympathetic of the fact he has Aspergers, and I think this could be taken into consideration when sentencing perhaps with a lifetime ban from computers, except for work purposes and then sign him up to GCHQ.

MI5 Errr NO He got caught!!!​

He did the crime and the US is willing to pay for the trial and for his jail time this seem like a good deal for the UK.

aamcle

It's a bit like the "Death Penalty" Thread.
  • IF the alleged crime is a crime in the UK and the USA.
  • IF the punishment for the crime is identical in the UK and the USA.
  • IF the person is mentally and physically fit enough to stand trial.
  • IF the person is probably guilty as decided by a UK Judge on evidence provided by both UK and USA authorities.
  • IF the person knew that what they were doing was against both UK and USA Law.
  • IF the person is guaranteed a fair and unbiased trial in the USA.
  • IF the person is guaranteed competent legal protection in the USA.
Then OF COURSE they should be extradited, but that's a lot of IF's.

In response to a statement that contained the word "IF" my Dad would invariably respond "Aye, and if sh1t were butter we'd all be spreading it on our toast!":gulp:

If some lad sitting in his bedroom in the UK can hack into the likes of the Pentagon or the FBI or some other big wigs .....they need to get their sh1t sorted ....and admit they weren't good enough and stop trying to kill a fly with a hammer. ....you can bet if he hacked them the Russians, Korea, China and all their dogs have as well...secret my ****....

Aspergers: a get out of jail free card?
I have a touch of Aspergers and it would never occur to me to use that as a reason to get away with a crime.

Aspergers: a get out of jail free card?
I have a touch of Aspergers and it would never occur to me to use that as a reason to get away with a crime.

Whoa there! He hasn't been extradited. That's a different situation altogether.

Personally, I think I would prefer to be extradited to one of Trump's "shitholes" than face certain conviction for embarrassing USA Government Agencies!:gulp:

That' the jist of it...they've chucked their dummy out because they've been done over by Joe blogs....usually they would have sent a load of knuckle heads in humvees to collect him with apache helicopters as back up....

Latest posts

Back