Reaction score
6583FFBB-A3AE-4181-98E2-28ADB4698A64.jpeg

Robin54

Landlord.
Reaction score
Reaction score
The Candidates really do keep giving!

Saw this today in a BBC News article that quoted the New Statesman;

“Rishi Sunak boasted of taking money from “deprived urban areas” to help wealthy towns”

A leaked video shows the former chancellor saying that Labour “shoved all the funding into deprived urban areas” and that “needed to be undone”.

I wonder where he keeps his brain?
:D

Ref:
Rishi Sunak boasted of taking money from “deprived urban areas” to help wealthy towns

Reaction score
They really do keep giving! Here’s a report in the Guardian of Liz Truss speaking to the Tory faithful on 5th August:

Liz Truss has used her latest pitch to the Tory party membership to warn against talking the UK into a recession, a day after the Bank of England forecast the economy will soon suffer a five-quarter recession.

Speaking at the Tory party leadership hustings in Eastbourne, Truss suggested her plans for immediate tax cuts if she becomes prime minister could avert recession.

She said: “I know there are difficult forecasts out there, but forecasts are not destiny. And what we shouldn’t be doing is talking ourselves into a recession. We should be keeping taxes low.

She added: “We can create the British version of Silicon Valley. We can create real opportunities.

Truss also expressed support for fracking, as well as caution about the government’s net zero target and a crackdown against Extinction Rebellion protests.

To cheers from the audience she said: “I want us to frack in parts of the country where there’s local support, so that we can get the energy security we need.

She was urged by an audience member to “examine the scientific group-think for net zero”. Truss replied: “We do need to transition to net zero, but I want to do so in a way that doesn’t clobber households and doesn’t clobber businesses. That’s why I’d have immediate moratorium on the green energy levy, while we look at better ways of delivering net zero using private sector innovation and technology to deliver.

So Liz knows more about the state of the UK economy than the Governor of the Bank of England!?!?

Then, despite heckling from climate activists, goes on about Fracking etc and telling everyone what “she” will do if elected … and the audience applaud her!

My God, the arrogance of Liz Truss, and the stupidity of her audience, puts the transgressions of the Labour Party and its Members to shame!
asad. asad.

Ref:

Reaction score
Md, fd & vd.

What are those acronyms?

I know vd is venereal disease.

The other two?
Just a bit of “Memory Lane” stuff!

Back in the 1960’s I had cause to visit the Greenwich Seaman’s Hospital in London due to a persistent pain in my lower stomach! (*)

At the time, on the road alongside the hospital was a small sign that announced:

“Greenwich Seaman’s Hospital”
in normal sized letters.​

To one side of this, in letters at least a foot high, and with an arrow pointing in the direction to follow, was a sign that said:

“VD CLINIC THIS WAY —->”

A memorable event for any lad at an impressionable age!
clapa

(*)
BTW, my “ailment” was caused by a sailor’s condition known as “The Channels” and was easily remedied.

I reduced a certain youthful activity and the persistent pain disappeared!
athumb..