Leadership Debate

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joking aside on 5 live the people phoning in are saying there has always been border control at France and all they are doing is giving us a bloody nose for leaving the EU, if the had all the officials needed this wouldn't be an issue.

…..
Before Brexit we were NEVER stopped for any length of time by the French Border Control.

At least once a year over a period of twenty-five years, we went to France either in a car/motorhome (often towing a caravan or trailer) or a motorbike:
  • Dover > Calais
  • Dover > Dunkerque
  • Folkestone > Calais
  • Portsmouth > Caen
  • Portsmouth > Cherbourg
  • Portsmouth > St Malo
  • Poole > Cherbourg
The French Border Control made a cursory check of our Passports in some UK departures going to France, but never on the way back.

On the other hand, the UK Border Control checked the car, motorhome and caravan on almost all occasions whether going or returning.

(One UK “Jobs Worth” suggested that I dumped my Opinel knife on my way to France. I had a much bigger knife and a meat-cleaver in the kitchen drawers!)

It’s so easy to blame someone else, be they French, immigrants, Covid etc when the true blame lies a lot nearer to home!

It’s not as if Brexit has been a surprise; especially as Boris had an “Oven Ready Brexit” just raring to go.

Surely, someone told Boris and the UK Border Force that, after Brexit, EVERY Passport needs to be scrutinised and stamped by the receiving EU Country and that this will cause delays?

Let’s look on the bright side, we’ve got our Country back; blue Passports, Crown marks on our pint glasses etc. (*)
:hat:

(*)

BTW, neither of these were forbidden when we were members of the EU!

Totally wrong - there have been hold ups at Dover since the 80's hence huge lorry parks built in Kent. Please dont use a subject to expose your political views - no one is interested

Totally wrong - there have been hold ups at Dover since the 80's hence huge lorry parks built in Kent. Please dont use a subject to expose your political views - no one is interested
We have NEVER driven a lorry OR been held up on ANY of our trips to France over a period exceeding 25 years!
aheadbutt

Please explain why I should not use THIS Post, titled “Leadership Debate”, to “expose” (I think you mean “express”) my political views!
❓❓

The King is in the altogether 🎶

Live on BBC One, iPlayer, the BBC News Channel and BBC Radio 5 Live.

Summary

1. Rishi Sunak and Liz Truss are about to face off at the first one-on-one debate of the Tory leadership contest
  2. Hosted by the BBC, Our Next Prime Minister is taking place in Stoke-on-Trent and starts at 21:00 UK time
  3. You can watch and follow the debate on this page and on BBC One, iPlayer, the BBC News Channel and BBC Radio 5 Live
  4. The tone of the campaign has become more hostile in recent days, with some Tory MPs expressing concern
  5. About 160,000 Tory party members will choose the next prime minister, with the winner announced on 5 September
  6. Truss is the frontrunner but Sunak's camp are hoping he can land some blows this evening
  7. Stoke-on-Trent Central was won by the Tories for the first time in 2019 and the audience will be made up of voters who supported them

Addendum to my previous Post:

I did NOT vote “Leave”
In the EU Referendum.

I just didn’t believe what the main proponent of the “Leave” campaign told everyone; and I have been proved correct!

I hope his successor has a similar outcome to Boris; especially as they both seem to be pandering to the worst elements of Tory belief!

Addendum to my previous Post:

I did NOT vote “Leave”
In the EU Referendum.

I just didn’t believe what the main proponent of the “Leave” campaign told everyone; and I have been proved correct!

I hope his successor has a similar outcome to Boris; especially as they both seem to be pandering to the worst elements of Tory belief!
Excellent - Im so pleased you feel better now

Ill send you a whip to self flagete if you like - you can take it in turns with Dutto if you fancy
some weird sort of blood transfusionclapa

Ill send you a whip to self flagete if you like - you can take it in turns with Dutto if you fancy
some weird sort of blood transfusionclapa
Nope, wont be painful for me at all. Be kind of fun.

Kind of like watching Hitler falling down a septic tank

I was really enjoying the debate until I realised I was actually watching Love Island.
Thought it was unusual that Rishi and Truss were so fake tanned and wearing so little

Latest posts

Back