League one and two football thread

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forest green Rovers and possible Sutton in league 1 next year! Whilst notts county and Southend etc non league! Strange times.

Looking forward to following DCFC next season in League 1. Living in Cheltenham there's some good away days/weekends coming up.
Can't wait to go back to Nailsworth for the FGR game. Last time I was there was a few years ago 3rd round FA Cup. Had to stand in the home end as couldnt get any away tickets. 3 nil down after 20 minutes, came back to win 4 - 3 and celebrated in silence. Brilliant.

Last night Swindon v FGR was why I love going to football. One of those epic nights. We (Swindon) were 2 up at half time with both sides playing some decent stuff. We had a player sent off at the start of the second half but held out for a 2-1 win due to ultimate sh*thousery from the remaining 10 and the noisy 11k crowd.

2 points adrift of the play offs with 2 to play. Will we make it - doubtful unless someone else slips up, but I am going to enjoy the ride.

Last night Swindon v FGR was why I love going to football. One of those epic nights. We (Swindon) were 2 up at half time with both sides playing some decent stuff. We had a player sent off at the start of the second half but held out for a 2-1 win due to ultimate sh*thousery from the remaining 10 and the noisy 11k crowd.

2 points adrift of the play offs with 2 to play. Will we make it - doubtful unless someone else slips up, but I am going to enjoy the ride.
Someone nearly always slips. If you win both games good chance you will sneak in. Although the runs ins don’t look challenging.

Last edited:
Last night’s draw put an end to our slim automatic promotion hopes. A win against Morecambe on Saturday will guarantee a playoff place. Morecambe only need a point to stay up unless Gillingham beat Rotherham by 3 goals so I can imagine they’ll be parking the bus.

However, if MK Dons beat Plymouth (and they need to to give them a chance of automatics) then we are there regardless of our result.

I think most gills fans would take a point if offered now and hope Bolton beat fleetwood. Rotherham could be crowed champions, finish second or only end up in the play offs. Hopefully the pressure will get to them But I doubt it. See it’s on sky now so I’ll be the only person in a Belfast pub watching it.

Here we go then. Do or die in league 1. A couple of games on sky. COYG!

I don’t understand why our season ends today while everyone else finishes next week.
Dead rubber for us, we’ll finish 8th. I can’t see Donny getting a result. KR has said he’s looking at the players today who will be here next season. Good riddance to the deadwood.

I don’t understand why our season ends today while everyone else finishes next week.
Dead rubber for us, we’ll finish 8th. I can’t see Donny getting a result. KR has said he’s looking at the players today who will be here next season. Good riddance to the deadwood.
It’s to do with them moving the bank holiday at the end of May to coincide with the Queen’s jubilee - they can’t hold 3 play off finals in the same weekend so they’ve brought L1 forward. I don’t know why they chose L1 though.

Someone nearly always slips. If you win both games good chance you will sneak in. Although the runs ins don’t look challenging.

That was some slip up by Sutton. Great come back by Rovers and roller coaster finish for Swindon.

So, league one is over. Commiserations to @Gggsss and @Braufather for dropping into league 2. It's not a good place to be. Not too surprised that Wigan and Rotherham made it to the Championship. Shame that Plymouth dropped out of the play offs last day - what the heck happened against Franchise?

In League 2, 3 wins on the spin have got us into the play offs and it's somehow in our own hands. We made really hard work of seeing off a dreadful Barrow side yesterday. We need to make it 4 in a row against Walsall next weekend. It's going to the wire. The third auto spot is still up for grabs for those further up the table. Can't call it.

I was disappointed to see Wimbledon and Gillingham go yesterday, and Fleetwood survive. Pleased for Morecambe though, a great effort by them. Some crazy last day games, especially at Plymouth and Plough Lane. Grim day for home fans in both. Hopefully both can bounce back quickly. Interesting interview from Neil Harries! Presumably referring to the previous incumbent?

Hell of a come back by Bristol Rovers at Rochdale, I nearly went to that, but went to Rovers v Bournemouth instead. Rovers season spluttered to a halt. Bournemouth didn't look like a Prem team but have some quality. Which they've paid for obviously. Big budget. Apparently they and Fulham gave around s third of the total Championship budget.

The play offs are looming, I always enjoy them. All divisions, the high stakes make it very compelling.

Latest posts

Back