League one and two football thread

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who would have thought Derby and Burton in the same division. Former champions vs former non league.

Argyle seem to have made some canny signings over the summer, hoping for play offs again.
It will be interesting to see how it pans out. Was last season a one off or have you now maybe established yourselves as real contenders In the division.

By the way, how good is Ryan law? What can we expect from him.

It will be interesting to see how it pans out. Was last season a one off or have you now maybe established yourselves as real contenders In the division.

By the way, how good is Ryan law? What can we expect from him.
I think we've a solid squad, first full season in charge for Schumacher though, hope he has what it takes. I thought Rupert Lowe was a good manager but I couldn't bring myself to like him.

Law is a good attacking full back, but quite inconsistent, he's scored a couple of stunners, couple of people I know have said they are disappointed he's gone on loan but he won't be a regular for us so it's probably for the best. He's a home grown player so I hope he does well for you and comes back to us a better player.

One of the contributory reasons for our relegation last year was full backs who were good going forward but couldn’t defend for toffee! Sounds like he will be exciting to watch though. Looking forward to seeing him.

You don't see that very often :laugh8:

1659193150208.png

It always darkest before the dawn. Today I’ve witnessed the dawn.. Next brew is going to be my long planned but never executed spitfire type ESB. UTG.

It always darkest before the dawn. Today I’ve witnessed the dawn.. Next brew is going to be my long planned but never executed spitfire type ESB. UTG.
Good win for you today. Hopefully it's the start of climbing out of the drop zone. We put 5 past Grimsby on Charlie Austin's return today. 11000 crowd as well.

@Mayor of Simpleton, good crowd six gials shared a sending off. A good advert for 4 th tier football. from ifollow it’s sounded a fair result. Sounds like we sat too deep second half but maybe you forced us to. What a bonkers first 15 mins. Your new manager watching in the stands must have been thinking wtf!

@Braufather. A cracking game. I really enjoyed that. From 1 up after 1 minute to 1-3 down after 10 we were absolutely awful for the first half and you looked like scoring every time you attacked. We made 3 changes at half time which completely turned the game on its head. You went very defensive and even with 10 we looked most likely to snatch it. Both penalties were ridiculous decisions as well. Great entertainment.

@Braufather. A cracking game. I really enjoyed that. From 1 up after 1 minute to 1-3 down after 10 we were absolutely awful for the first half and you looked like scoring every time you attacked. We made 3 changes at half time which completely turned the game on its head. You went very defensive and even with 10 we looked most likely to snatch it. Both penalties were ridiculous decisions as well. Great entertainment.
If that was a promotion battle it wiould have felt like two points lost to a rival but we arent going anywhere this season so quite sanguine about it! The writing was in the wall all second half and happy with a point.

If you miss out on promotion this season next year will be interesting as I reckon we both will be pushing for it after we strengthen again this window plus the summer.!

Harris has made some good signings this window. He seems to have solved your goal scoring issues signing Tom Nichols. He's a very good player at this level. I am surprised Crawley let him go. Obviously we are fortunate to have Charlie Austin back after an 11 year gap. 3 in 2 already for him

3 in 3 for Nichols. Thought he was more of a number 10 goal creator than goal scorer so a bonus. Charlie Austin shouldn’t be playing at this level so a bit of a coup that for you.

Latest posts

Back