Leak From all rounder

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

private4587

Reaction score
Morning everyone recently bought a fermzilla allrounder and overall very pleased with it apart from one small problem. This is it has a small leak which i am unable to correctly locate or seal. The first leak i found was from the connects but a simple tightening fixed this. Then i found the spending valve connections from connect was leaking this was caused by me not pushing tubing in far enough so fixed. I suspect that the small leak is coming from the main cap as i have plunged the whole lot in a bath of water and there are small bubbles emitting from it but unable to exactly locate the position i have removed the cap cleaned relubed using vaseline but it still leaks. I have read on other sites that a thicker O ring is available could any one tell where i can buy these to try
Thanks

Would love to be able to help you, instead I am simply here to vent my frustration at same.

I am starting to lean towards blaming ly spunding valve tbh. I stuck 5 psi in an left spunding valve off lastnight so today will tell....

Hi, i have had my all rounder for about a year. When I first purchased I couldn't get a perfect seal. Sometimes I think overtightening caused it. I use a food grade silicone lube , give the lid a twist once I have pushed the lid on and then tighten without giving it too much. I think all the all rounders came with the bigger o-ring, and the description in the link below suggestions that.
I have purchased from the kegland store via AliExpress and delivery came within 2 weeks 👍🏼
£0.37 | FermZilla - Thicker Lid O-ring (OD106mm x2.65mm)
https://a.aliexpress.com/_msjfrof

My less than optimally safe method of refitting the spunding valve once pressure had risen bore fruit. The connections for the valve were indeed leaking and has been resolved

Which connections do you mean the push fits?
It was actually the threaded end of the push fit fitting which had started to work loose.

Whole thing has had a good once over although I may return there with a turn or two of PTFE

It could be the poppet in the disconnect. One of mine hisses when I take the ball lock off, I keep meaning to take it apart but havent got round to it yet

It sounds a bit obvious, but have you checked the PRV (Pressure Relief Valve)? I had not realised that they are threaded into the cap and mine once came a little bit loose. Once I tightened it up it was fine. I suspect that your water immersion test would have shown if this was the source of the leak, but it might be worth a try.

Latest posts

Back