Leaking bottle buddy (little Bottler)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris_newton

Reaction score
Hey all i have been testing out my bottle buddy, i took the tap of my old pressure barrel and put the bottle on and filled the barrel up. I noticed the floor was saturated when i came back to try it out a few hours later and when looking to see where it was coming from it was gushing out of the joint where the bottle is!!

Anyways it dawned on me i might have to use the washer / O-Ring that came with the original tap with it...so put this on and walla its almost took it all away but i am getting 1 drip about every 15 seconds, which i can totally cope with as i am only using this barrel to bottle with as when i transfer from my FV it will only be in there about 30 mins while i bottle.

Anyways just a few questions, are you supposed to put the original o-ring with the bottle buddy?

and does anyone elses drip a little??

Thanks

Chris

Mine dripped a bit on one brew, but it was an acceptable loss. I then came to clean it for my next brew and noticed the massive crack between the thread and the front part! I replaced the tap with a decent lever type (the same supplied with my budget barrel) and have had no problems since. I used a small amount of tubing to connect the 'stick' to the tap.

Latest posts

Back