Leaking co2 pipes

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crappyfish

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi
I have a 3 way splitter going to 2 kegs which suddenly developed a leak where the pipes push on. My question is do these normally fail or do I need to get a small clip of some sort to tighten up the pipes around the connection pipe. The pipes seemed to be ok for a few weeks.
The connection pipes are the tapered type with steps on them. Is it important what type of pipe is connected. At the moment I have a grey stiffish type should it be the clear supple type.
Thanks

No mate the pipe just pushes straight onto the splitter that's where the leak was on the splitter side.

This is the splitter it leaks on the connection pipes
3_4_13-1.jpg

I had one of those and it leaked like mad as well. It was unusable and however much i tightened it it still leaked. I gave up and now use these splitters (you can get a 3 or 4 way version) and a tap on each like this. You can get those manifolds with JG fittings on them but i would still have the problem of finding space for it.

Yeah it leaks around the pipes when they are slid over I think the outlets are too thin

You need jubilee clips or better still those single-use double ear clamp clips around the gas line over the barb. I have jubilee clips and they don't leak but my pipe-to-barb fitting is extremely tight - boiling water was needed to soften the pipe enough to slip it over the barb.

You need jubilee clips or better still those single-use double ear clamp clips around the gas line over the barb. I have jubilee clips and they don't leak but my pipe-to-barb fitting is extremely tight - boiling water was needed to soften the pipe enough to slip it over the barb.

Jubilee clips can cause leaks as they don't turn evenly, use the other clamps.

Sorted the leaks . Loads of PTFE tape around the barbs push pipes on fit spring clips over the pipes to dig the pipe into the PTFE tape.
Oh yes and turn the gas off when not in use.
20190804_175028.jpg

Jubilee clips can cause leaks as they don't turn evenly, use the other clamps.
I bought some fancy oetiker clips for the same type of manifold and they solved the problem for me. Also making sure the gas lines weren't bent too sharply eg nice smooth curves seemed to help. My manifold is outside my fridge so nothing is under too much tension bend wise.

Latest posts

Back