Leftovers Recipe

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
13% CaraMunich, not a very lot but I thought it a bit high (I'm just a brewer for a bit over a year but I teach maths and there's this thing with numbers and me) and the oats, not sure about fermentability but it will not be ale-malt-like. If I had to guess it from my guts, I'd put it nearer 1020, like 1018 or so.
But S04 might chew down to 1005, because S04 and 05 are chewers.

For those interested I bottled this today after 3 weeks in primary. It tasted nice, very malty in flavour, not overly dry and pouring on to the sugar water for carbonation it seemed to form bubbles easily which makes me think it'll have a nice head when carbonated. FG was about 1007 once I'd corrected for my dodgy hydrometer.

For those interested I bottled this today after 3 weeks in primary. It tasted nice, very malty in flavour, not overly dry and pouring on to the sugar water for carbonation it seemed to form bubbles easily which makes me think it'll have a nice head when carbonated. FG was about 1007 once I'd corrected for my dodgy hydrometer.

Nice FG you reached there! acheers. Now you know what they say about puddings...

Latest posts

Back