Lemon drop hops

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbo1982

Reaction score
Does anybody have any experience with these hops and if so, do you think they would work as a dry hop in a mj cider kit? I am looking to try a few ciders with different hops this year and the lemon drop sounds really appealing.

I've just made a brew using these hops this week. First time trying them so it will be a few weeks to see how it comes out. Made mine with Europlils malt and a bit of light Munich. I have had them about a year unopened, bought them after having a pint of Lemondrop pale that was on tap briefly at Willys Bar in Cleethorpes. Reviews I have seen of the hops don't seem very exciting. I added them to 30g of Saaz, 50g 15 mins before end of boil and 50g post boil below 80C. IBU came in at 34

Does anybody have any experience with these hops and if so, do you think they would work as a dry hop in a mj cider kit? I am looking to try a few ciders with different hops this year and the lemon drop sounds really appealing.
I used these for the first time recently.
I put 50 grams in a Coopers Cerveza. I was going to try the first bottle next weekend.
I had the same thought as you though, using them in a cider.

My thoughts at the moment are.
Cider kits aren't really that good in my opinion and others I've given bottles to. Although the MJ is probably the best I've tried.
A cider kit costs me about $35. Coopers Cerveza about $18.
If I can make a light refreshing lemony drink using Cerveza & Lemon Drop hops why bother paying the extra to make cider for the same result?

But please try it if you want. No reason not to.

I used these for the first time recently.
I put 50 grams in a Coopers Cerveza. I was going to try the first bottle next weekend.
I had the same thought as you though, using them in a cider.

My thoughts at the moment are.
Cider kits aren't really that good in my opinion and others I've given bottles to. Although the MJ is probably the best I've tried.
A cider kit costs me about $35. Coopers Cerveza about $18.
If I can make a light refreshing lemony drink using Cerveza & Lemon Drop hops why bother paying the extra to make cider for the same result?

But please try it if you want. No reason not to.

It's only the mj cider kits I use and to be honest they have been very good I think. I'm not a larger drinker so has to be cider for me. Think I'll give it a go. At the end of it I'll still have a drinkable cider so not alot to lose I suppose.

Ive never used Lemon drop hops in a cider but I have used them in ginger beers, the results were very pleasing.

Latest posts

Back