lemon hooch style drink

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pummer67

Reaction score
does anyone have a hooch style recipe. i want to make an lemon flavoured alcopop just need recipe to work from?

mark

Hi Mark, the only thing I can think of is Onelegout's Hard Lemonade recipe that I have on my to do list.

Recipe is HERE

Ok thanks for that sean mc

i will think about giving that a try and see what happens.

I can highly recommend that hard lemonade recipe!! Very tasty, refreshing summer drink. Done a few batches now. Had a couple that came out between 4-6%, also did a couple that I added yeast nutrient to that came out at 10-11%!! :shock:

It's a good one to experiment with as well. I've done a couple that I added a punneet of blueberries to that came out very nice. The overall winner was a honey and ginger lemonade at 10.5%. Needed to add lemonade to it after, but it was bloody lovely! :D

ive bought 12 lemons for £2 and a lime . :party:

if i squeeze these, and then simmer them in water for 30 mins, will this release enough flavour... :wha:

i will them put it all into a fv with 2kg of sugar,
and top up with water, pitch the yeast,and nutrient,
then later add another 1kg in a syrup form in few days ... does this sound about right, :pray:

artyb said:

if i squeeze these, and then simmer them in water for 30 mins, will this release enough flavour... :wha:

Yeah should do. Think I used about 12 lemons per 5l batch. I also added the zest of about 6 of the lemons, then skimmed this off before adding to the demijohn. Also, I used 1tsp of GP yeast instead of bread yeast.

just gotta find a squeezer......

im tempted to make this with a lower abv for the 1st one, as a summer drink to replace soft drinks in the house... :wha:
then a stronger one for xmas.... :party: :party:

artyb said:
im tempted to make this with a lower abv for the 1st one, as a summer drink to replace soft drinks in the house... :wha:
then a stronger one for xmas.... :party: :party:
Sounds like a plan. As I say, worst comes to worst you can always add some normal lemonade to dilute it a bit if it turns out too strong. Good luck! :thumb:

artyb said:

i will them put it all into a fv with 2kg of sugar,
and top up with water, pitch the yeast,and nutrient,
then later add another 1kg in a syrup form in few days ... does this sound about right, :pray:

what do you mean later on add 1kg in a syrp form. sorry if im being stupid. i am new to home brewing.

Latest posts

Back