Length of dry hopping

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First off I consider myself a lockdown brewer, meaning I’ve started brewing since first lockdown. Up to now I’ve tried to follow all instructions to the letter, yeah I might of added extra hops to some brews but I’ve never really been able to catch the full hop flavour I’m after and I’ve added lots of hops.
After reading a lot of threads it seems I could be adding hops way too early.
Can anybody tell me why adding hops a couple days before bottling you get a fuller hop flavour rather than 5/7 days in the FV?
Huge thanks.

Last edited:
I wait til fermentation is virtually done...12 days plus...then do 3-4 days,but it can depend on my shifts. An extra couple of days hasn't made any difference. I will then cold crash for a day or so.

Thanks. I’m just finding it hard to understand how less time in the FV brings you a better flavour.
It isn't about less time bringing a better flavour, it's longer time bringing a worse flavour, according to some. I have my dry hops in longer than I would like over 7 days but haven't noticed any difference.

Latest posts

Back