I will jump on the band wagon and do one big thread for all my brews. Today's brew was a bohemian Pilsner using the recipe from Greg Hughes' book page 94. I don't normally drink lagers but this will make a nice summer brew that I can pull out at bbq's. I decided to do have a brew (11.5l) and is my first go at a proper lager. I won't post the recipe on here because it's in the book, I just handed everything but then decided to add an extra 500g of the malt because it was going spare and I realised last night that the marking on my boiler were out so I wanted to add a bit more water. For those that don't know I do BIAB method with the HBC kit. Mash got up and beyond the 72c I was looking for rather quickly. This is because when I went to put my sterilised bag in some boiling water I noticed the thread tie was stuck in the bag. Took me a good 15 minutes to thread it bag through. Mash went well, lost less than a degree. I mashed with near enough the right volume for the brew, I added about 3l during the Sparge. The recipe called for a decoction mash so I removed some of the mash at 30 mins and boiled it down on the stove, adding ready for the sparge. For the sparge I opened the boiler tap and run the wort back over the grains. This step I followed from another member, I guess a sort of fly sparge. Did this until the wort was clear and put the boil on. It took ages to get to a boil. Not sure if the freezing cold weather and hail shower had anything to do with it. Wort chilled pretty quickly and yeast was thrown in at around 15c. Now sat in the brew fridge at 10c. I will let it ferment for at least three weeks before I keg/bottle and then lager. All in all took me 5 hours from start to finish cleaning, not bad seeing as I over heated the mash and waited for it to cool, 75 min boil which took ages to get started and a longer cleaning process as my element has scorched. Pictures to follow.