Lidl Craft Beer.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CycloneLogan

Reaction score
Bought some of the new Lidl Craft beer today. Twisted knots American IPA. Anyone else had this?

20180714_191915-jpg.14450

Attachments

• 20180714_191915.jpg
    20180714_191915.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 2,285
Last edited by a moderator:
no. but I was super ****** off my lidl didn't get the Belgian Abbey stuff in that the rest of the country for seemingly.
for what it's worth I generally can't stand the attempts at American style beer that is getting pumped out by everyone at the min.

no. but I was super ****** off my lidl didn't get the Belgian Abbey stuff in that the rest of the country for seemingly.
for what it's worth I generally can't stand the attempts at American style beer that is getting pumped out by everyone at the min.

Maybe you're branch will get the Belgian stuff in later? They appear to be phasing out certain beers to make room for new ones.
Are you not a fan of American IPA in general?

a friend tried for ages to get some from his local lidl in worthing it took him a few goes do get some.

they go quick. I did manage to get 6 packs before others cottoned on! I've just come back from belgium with a stock of piraat and the triple hop version amongst others :-)

Maybe you're branch will get the Belgian stuff in later? They appear to be phasing out certain beers to make room for new ones.
Are you not a fan of American IPA in general?
no I love American style ipa, one of my favourite styles, but it needs to be done well and be fresh. lots of breweries springing up seem to make Crud somehow, and put some aroma hops in and call it IPA or pale ale.

Nearly all the Lidl & Aldi ale is brewed by Marston's. I had the golden ale pack as a pressie at Christmas; Hob gob gold is an ok drop but the rest were a little uninspiring. Wainwright's was just terrible - dull as dishwater. However I really like Aldi / Marston's Wild Bill IPA, and the red ale (Medusa iirc), so they are a bit of a mixed bag.

Nearly all the Lidl & Aldi ale is brewed by Marston's. I had the golden ale pack as a pressie at Christmas; Hob gob gold is an ok drop but the rest were a little uninspiring. Wainwright's was just terrible - dull as dishwater. However I really like Aldi / Marston's Wild Bill IPA, and the red ale (Medusa iirc), so they are a bit of a mixed bag.

Compared to the standard mainland lagers, the ale-box tasted splendid.

I’ve had all 3 of the new tinned ‘craft’ beers.

1 was very nice, the other 2 were both worth the quid but not quite as good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Agree about the wild Bill's. A really nice bottle for £1.19

Marstons do a lot of the rebranded ales. I think a lot of the Lidl beers are made by them. They do a decent British ale but their versions of America ales leave a lot to be desired in my opinion. They also make the newish Sainsbury's American IPA. It's OK and I'd drink it again but not a patch on a fresh can or pint from a good craft brewer/homebrew.

I've just discovered that my local M&S does a really good variety of craft beer. It's a mixture of own brand beers made by decent craft breweries (and clearly labelled as such) and local, national and international craft offering. Not as cheap as Lidl but at 3 for the price of 4 it comes in at about £1.50 per bottle/can which is pretty standard for craft beer.

I've just discovered that my local M&S does a really good variety of craft beer. It's a mixture of own brand beers made by decent craft breweries (and clearly labelled as such) and local, national and international craft offering. Not as cheap as Lidl but at 3 for the price of 4 it comes in at about £1.50 per bottle/can which is pretty standard for craft beer.
Not sure I’d be buying any on that kind of deal! ;)

I tried the twisted knot IPA. It was okay but I find I don't like beer mage with rye malt. The other two are great.

Williams Bros 'Perfect Storm' for me although I like the Caesar Augustus too. Joker IPA not as much.

I’m in southern Spain right now and I thought I would drop in to see what beers they have.

IMG_6712.JPG

Needless to say I picked up a four pack of each of these. Purely for research purposes obviously [emoji849]

So far the Tyris IPA stands out. A close clone to a lagunitas or maybe a punk ipa. The other Tyris is almost like a badger beers fursty ferret. And the white IPA (carmen) is really nice. But I don’t think it’s a wheat beer??!!

Anyway more research needed as it’s 25oC and 10.30pm and my holiday has only just started [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I read yesterday that Stewart Brewing Co are one of the breweries involved in the new Lidl “own brand” beers.

Latest posts

Back