Lidl Saskia water - 12L for £1.49

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

svenito

Regular.
Reaction score
Not as low in bicarbonates as Ashbeck, but cheaper. Posting just in case anyone is interested

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually buy the 17p for 2 ltr stuff but this 12ltr container is ideal for my TC or double up on my WOWS. Thanks!

That water really isn't much use for any beer style, too high in bicarbonates and too low in everything else. You'd probably be better off using your tap water.

Of a similar note, I use the tesco 5 litre water bottles as a 'mini keg' to use with my handpull. Holds the pressure fine, though the bottom does bow out under pressure so needs a support. Good session for 2.

Attachments

• IMG-20180203-WA0025.jpeg
    IMG-20180203-WA0025.jpeg
    38.2 KB · Views: 203
Of a similar note, I use the tesco 5 litre water bottles as a 'mini keg' to use with my handpull. Holds the pressure fine, though the bottom does bow out under pressure so needs a support. Good session for 2.
Like this idea. Anyone used these as a mini fermenter for split batches to try out different things?

I use these 5 Ltr water bottles as fermenters for wows and ciders, then rack off into glass Demi's for clearing and bottling. Easy to clean as well the plastic 5ltr bottles and have the extra headspace over a 1 gallon demi.
Split batches for beer would work well too, not sure on carbonating in these though, I would be afraid of them splitting.​

all my wines and ciders have been brewed in 5l water bottles! And when theyve completed primary fermentation, they get racked in to other 5l plastic water bottles to clear and mature/bottling.
never had any problems with them and i dont even bother drilling a hole in the cap for an airlock. I just put the lid on a bit loose and the pressure escapes just fine, without letting any nasties in. Although once primary fv is completed, i do close the caps properly and every few days check to make sure there is not pressure build up. But once youre sure its finished - just close the bugger up and leave it!!!

Bigger Home & Bargain stores do water in 5 litre bottles if it helps. I'll post a pic in a moment.

Here you go, quite cheap too.

IMG_20180207_221323.jpg

IMG_20180207_221306.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back