Liquid Malt Extract, Uses?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bevvied

Life Support System For A Beer Belly
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
Sorry for Newbie question #122.
Regarding the liquid malt extract available here..
http://www.thehomebrewcompany.co.uk/light-premium-liquid-malt-extract-15kg-p-2284.html
So, simply, if I was to make a one can kit, say a Coopers Lager, IPA, Ozzie Pale Ale etc, would it be advantageous to use a can of the above, instead of Brewing Sugar/BKE/Spray Malt etc?
Would the can suit certain kits over others? ie. Not suitable for Stouts or Bitters etc.?
Seems a snip at �£5 a can, so if it's the correct way to go, seems to be the way ahead.
Thanks everyone.

It's a bargain and can be used with any kit to replace sugar, effectively turning any one can kit into a two can kit.

Its pretty much the same as using spraymalt as its the same thing but in a different form.

It will be better than BE and sugar, it will improve flavour body and even a little bit of head retention. You can pretty much use it as a base for anything.

I have never made a lager and if I would it would be with lager / pilsner grain so not sure whether it would be as suitable but I am sure it wouldn't be too bad

Thanks Chaps.
£5 sounds like a proper bargain.

Latest posts

Back