Tess Tickle's Brewdays

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A 10mm stainless steel nut is just the right size to slip over the little stainless tube between the end of the silicon tube and the split ring that holds the float. They are very cheap on Ebay - I think I paid about £2 for ten, including delivery.

Loose or in a bag, they are still going to absorb the same volume.I have done a couple of 20g/ltr neipa before, and they sucked up a lot of beer.The more hops you put in the less beer out :(

I meant with the layer of beer that will be surrounding them in the bottom. Hope you know what I mean

With the tea strainers you get a 'hop muffin' lol and there's not much wastage at all apart from what it's sucked up of course 😁

The first time I used them I put 80g in - it was too much and was escaping out. The next time I tried 60g and it was just right. Got a nice compact ball inside. I normally use 180g so use all three that I bought. In my last brew I did a bigger whirlpool so had a smaller dry hop and only used 2.

Ah the strainers are pretty small then.You think if you loaded them with 40g the ball would be loose and not to compact?

Edit one of my friends is still on fv buckets, trying to see if it's worth him buying some strainers.

I should really get some bottled up and sent out to people who know what is what.All my friends love it, but maybe because it's free lol.

Back