Tess Tickle's Brewdays

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can I ask a stupid question?
When do you add the Brewbrite?

Apparently you add it 10 minutes from the end - but it takes half an hour to dissolve, so you need to mix it with wort and leave it to sit, keeping stirring now and again. It's amazing, I recommend - only used it once but my wort is the best it's ever looked. I wanted to try it, to try and eliminate the chill haze.

Last edited:
Apparently you add it 10 minutes from the end - but it takes half an hour to dissolve, so you need to mix it with wort and leave it to sit, keeping stirring now and again. It's amazing, I recommend - only used it once but my wort is the best it's ever looked. I wanted to try it to try and eliminate the chill haze.
For me, what ended chill haze, was also acidifying my sparge water to a pH of 5,0 - 5,5. Got a much better hot break, and after bottling, my beers cleared much faster, also at low temperatures.

4/12/21

Brewday number 2 successfully completed. Jim’s espresso stout. He’s planning on flavouring it with cold brew coffee at the end. 😬

43CB795F-3E8B-430F-98B0-3C42CB421405.jpeg

Latest posts

Back