List of fridge internal dimensions

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cut out some circles of the keg size and you can fit 3 in the freezer part and one just on the shelf above the compressor ( might knock up a bit of a wooden support for the keg on the shelf as it does overhang a bit) Photo below.

clapa

I have OCD that is the sort of thing i would do.

Without wishing to state the obvious, are you sure it's on maximum coldness and not minimum? I haven't got a clue whether the 5 setting is hot or cold on my fridge. Otherwise you've got some other thermostat interfering or a bust fridge.
Pretty sure. Zero is off, the next number is 1 and goes to 6. You can't go from 6 to zero without going back through the numbers. The fact ice is forming would suggest it's on the coldest setting.

This is also strange. When I first got the fridge, I used it to store some extra bottles around Xmas. Even after being inside the fridge for days, they were barely cold enough to drink. Cans were a bit better. That was a few years ago. I recently put some bottles in it and when I checked the next day, they were really cold. And they were in virtually the same spot as the previous ones. Weird.

During fermentation? Nothing ATM. According to my ispindel, my last brew stayed at a fairly constant 19 degrees throughout.
no when you have your kegs in there. How are you maintaining 13°C. Is it just the fridge thermostat ?

Pretty sure. Zero is off, the next number is 1 and goes to 6. You can't go from 6 to zero without going back through the numbers. The fact ice is forming would suggest it's on the coldest setting.

This is also strange. When I first got the fridge, I used it to store some extra bottles around Xmas. Even after being inside the fridge for days, they were barely cold enough to drink. Cans were a bit better. That was a few years ago. I recently put some bottles in it and when I checked the next day, they were really cold. And they were in virtually the same spot as the previous ones. Weird.

The ice is a strange one. If the fridge is at 13 overall, ice would suggest there is some extreme localised cooling going on. I know very little about how fridges work but makes me think the coolant isn't flowing properly or there is not enough of it.

I think you might have an issue with either the fridge or the sealing of the door. I use a larder fridge for fermentation and keg storage. When fermenting it holds 20 degrees with aid of a small tube heater. When used as just a fridge if I have 4 kegs on the go it can hold a good 5 degrees and that’s with a shockingly bad door sealing.
Have you tried moving your thermometer probe to different areas to see if there’s fluctuation. The Ice suggest that area is below freezing. Sounds like a coolant issue. But I’m no expert by any stretch if the imagination.

I think you might have an issue with either the fridge or the sealing of the door. I use a larder fridge for fermentation and keg storage. When fermenting it holds 20 degrees with aid of a small tube heater. When used as just a fridge if I have 4 kegs on the go it can hold a good 5 degrees and that’s with a shockingly bad door sealing.
Have you tried moving your thermometer probe to different areas to see if there’s fluctuation. The Ice suggest that area is below freezing. Sounds like a coolant issue. But I’m no expert by any stretch if the imagination.
I thought it might have been the door seal too as I noticed it wasn't on right recently. I fixed it but nothing seems to have changed. I have moved a prob around but they all say the same. And I probed a glass of beer straight out of the keg. Surprise surprise, it was 13 degrees.

It does a job but I am just waiting for the day when it gives up the ghost. Clearly something isn't right. Was looking at buying a new one and they are bloody expensive!

I thought it might have been the door seal too as I noticed it wasn't on right recently. I fixed it but nothing seems to have changed. I have moved a prob around but they all say the same. And I probed a glass of beer straight out of the keg. Surprise surprise, it was 13 degrees.

It does a job but I am just waiting for the day when it gives up the ghost. Clearly something isn't right. Was looking at buying a new one and they are bloody expensive!
Unless the beer is generating heat (e.g. actively fermenting) then there is no question that the keg and beer WILL slowly come to the same temperature as the inside of the fridge. So if the keg isn't getting cold after a few days, it means the either the fridge is knackered or you've got heat leaking in from the outside.
As you've got icing up then it means the cooling system is getting the pipes down to at least 0ºc, so it sounds to me moat likely that you've got warm air leaking in somewhere. I think the icing up also points to this.
In my experience the most likely culprit is the door. One thing that has happened to me before was that the keg was actually pushing on the door slightly so the door seal wasn't properly working...

I have just bought the logic L198CFW20 to build a keezer. The dimensions are 854mm height, 803mm width and 557mm depth.

I cut out some circles of the keg size and you can fit 3 in the freezer part and one just on the shelf above the compressor ( might knock up a bit of a wooden support for the keg on the shelf as it does overhang a bit) Photo below.

View attachment 63214

I think the keg on the compressor shelf might even fit in without a collar but I intend to build one so that I don't invalidate the warranty or even worse damage the freezer.

At the time of posting it's currently £40 off usual price and comes in at £179.99
Nice! At risk of 'teaching my grandma', mind your back lifting the kegs in and out... it's worth rigging a rope/pulley arrangement above it, if you can :-)

Nice! At risk of 'teaching my grandma', mind your back lifting the kegs in and out... it's worth rigging a rope/pulley arrangement above it, if you can :-)
Good call. Have RSJ beams in garage where keezer will be "temporarily" situated until I can find somewhere suitable in the house. Can use that to attach the pulleys.

Good call. Have RSJ beams in garage where keezer will be "temporarily" situated until I can find somewhere suitable in the house. Can use that to attach the pulleys.
If the RSJ has a cross-section like a capital 'I' then perhaps you could use a 'beam trolley' like this one so you can lift and slide along too (probably overkill, but I love a good gizmo clapa)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/AYNEFY-inclination-warehouses-industries-23x23-5x15-5cm/dp/B09MNDQ6WC

Screenshot 2022-02-22 at 13.32.06.png

If the RSJ has a cross-section like a capital 'I' then perhaps you could use a 'beam trolley' like this one so you can lift and slide along too (probably overkill, but I love a good gizmo clapa)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/AYNEFY-inclination-warehouses-industries-23x23-5x15-5cm/dp/B09MNDQ6WC

View attachment 63512
Who doesn't like a good gizmo. Definitely one to put on the wanted list. This hobby is getting to be very expensive. I can remember starting with the thought that is cheaper to brew your own but now taking into account all of the equipment purchases I have made, I must be at around £20 a pint 😃

Unless the beer is generating heat (e.g. actively fermenting) then there is no question that the keg and beer WILL slowly come to the same temperature as the inside of the fridge. So if the keg isn't getting cold after a few days, it means the either the fridge is knackered or you've got heat leaking in from the outside.
As you've got icing up then it means the cooling system is getting the pipes down to at least 0ºc, so it sounds to me moat likely that you've got warm air leaking in somewhere. I think the icing up also points to this.
In my experience the most likely culprit is the door. One thing that has happened to me before was that the keg was actually pushing on the door slightly so the door seal wasn't properly working...
ATM, I have nothing pushing against the inside of the door. I also have a child lock on the side to keep the door shut. But then I did notice the seal along the bottom of the door had come away and was hanging down a bit. I thought I had fixed it but perhaps I should take another look.

The keg is cold the following day after it goes in.

Who doesn't like a good gizmo. Definitely one to put on the wanted list. This hobby is getting to be very expensive. I can remember starting with the thought that is cheaper to brew your own but now taking into account all of the equipment purchases I have made, I must be at around £20 a pint 😃
Ohhhhh so true. "Brew your own" they said... "it'll save you a fortune" they said...
They may have neglected to mention:
  • CO2 cylinder + regulator
  • Cornies (5 so far, and counting...)
  • fridges (2 so far)
  • font and taps
  • liquid yeast
  • at least a dozen of every different push-fit connector known to man
  • half the garage taken up...

They're all fixed costs, if you brew more beer it'll bring the average cost per pint down, so get on it!
Thought sounds like my justification every time a new parcel arrives at the door. 2 brews currently fermenting in 2 of my fridges to be Kegged this weekend and had to buy another 2 kegs to put them into. 🤣

ATM, I have nothing pushing against the inside of the door. I also have a child lock on the side to keep the door shut. But then I did notice the seal along the bottom of the door had come away and was hanging down a bit. I thought I had fixed it but perhaps I should take another look.

The keg is cold the following day after it goes in.
Phil if the fridge is icing up in places and not cooling properly then there is an issue with the gas in the system and the compressor stays on longer to try and cool the fridge down and satisfy the internal stat. As it can’t cool the fridge properly due to lack of gas it causes “cold spots” and these freeze up. I used to see it a lot in air conditioning units as they work on the same principal where a lack of gas causes the unit to ice up.
These days it’s not really cost effective to get a fridge man out to regas the system and if it’s an older fridge running on r407c you won’t even get it anymore.
get a money box and start saving as the end is near. 😜

If you fit a collar, then I would definitely agree. But without one, I've not had an issue...which is not bad for a pensioner ;-)
I had herniated disc a few years ago, shoulder operation last year and arthritis in back, so I will definitely be looking into some sort of lifting support whilst stored in the garage. But if I get it moved into the house somewhere I will have to request the help of the 2 surly teenagers in the house. On that thought, I will have to come up with some sort of tap locking mechanism for said teenagers:beer1:

AYNEFY Push Trolley Beam 1T Heavy Duty Manual Trolley The width and inclination can be adjusted, use for warehouses, garages and other industries 23x23.5x15.5cm : Amazon.co.uk: Business, Industry & Science

View attachment 63512
Thanks for that link. I too have a herniated disc that cause problems every now and then, and my brew fridge just so happens to be sat under a beam that a previous owner had installed to lift car engines out. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back