Lock-down.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If as expected we go into lock-down how will you be effected in France you are only allowed out to buy food or essentials, visit the doctor or get to a job classified as not possible from home, i have no option about going out to work so it looks like i will be carrying documentation to explain why i am outside, will any members here be able to work from home or are you like me going to have to get used to being pulled by the police. (my shift starts early in the morning)

France

A lock-down was put into effect at midday on Tuesday.

From that time, people across France are barred from leaving home except to buy food or essentials, visit the doctor or get to a job classified as not possible from home.

French persons must carry special documentation defining why they are outside to show security officials and around 100,000 police officers have been deployed to enforce the lockdown.

French President Emmanuel Macron has described the battle against coronavirus as a “public health war” prompting him to close all bars, restaurants and non-essential shops from midnight on Saturday and creches, schools and universities from Monday morning prior to the lockdown.

Paris has also closed all its parks and gardens.

Last edited:
Dunno what will happen with my work,we make medical devices... mainly wound dressings, so might be classed essential. My wife's dog grooming will probably be closed...

I will need documentation as i am a supermarket worker. I have had to start at 3am and finish at 8.30am to reduce my contact with customers as I am over 60 however the younger people are expected to work normal hours.
I pray that if we are locked down tonight as expected that my colleagues are allowed to limit the people in the store and to make them stay 2 metres away from the tills and other customers. They are now allowed to wear gloves when serving as of today but are we going to make the customers wear gloves as they handle food on the shelves going right to the back for the best dated items whilst moving all the other stock hence handled prior to other customers selecting it. Not good for transmission.
I can see some really bad incidents now happening in store with non-compliant customers

The documentation amounts to a signed and dated declaration "on honour" as to why you're out and about. You can also go out to air the kids, walk the dog and to stop going stir crazy provided it's within about a Km of your home. As far as work, for example, a plumber or electrician can come out in an emergency, but not to install a kitchen or bathroom. I went to the supermarket for the first time in eight days. It was pretty much like normal except all the staff and half the punters were in masks and gloves. The main shortage wasn't bogrolls but bleach. The lockdown was declared with less than 24 hrs notice and there was nothing voluntary about it. The first day was warnings, then little fines, then bigger fines and sanctions against idiots. The biggest difficulty was for old folk and technology illiterates being able to print off the declaration. The next day, the newspapers printed them to cut out.
It all seems to be working. We feel safe because we know where we stand and feel the authorities know what they're doing. the French don't like authority at all (see Gilets Jaunes for example) but like to be looked after when the chips are down.

I work as a field service engineer so out and about at the customers who want you in but machines aren't being used now due to people working from home, I found out this afternoon that five of my colleagues were made redundant today and I work in a small company. It's all going to SH1T.

I work as a field service engineer so out and about at the customers who want you in but machines aren't being used now due to people working from home, I found out this afternoon that five of my colleagues were made redundant today and I work in a small company. It's all going to SH1T.

Why are companies making people redundant when the government has put money in place so they do not need to.

............ the French don't like authority at all (see Gilets Jaunes for example) but like to be looked after when the chips are down.

I well remember when the Police went on strike in Paris a number of years ago. They held a demonstration and my first thought was "Ha! Let's see who they throw the cobbles at this time!" and was not surprised to see them lobbing cobblestones at the army!

The really don't muck about out there do they!?!?

PS

With regard to the Gilet Jaunes, a disapproving lady friend of a mate said "Those jeely jawns are obviously organised; for a start, where did they get all those yellow vests from eh?" aheadbutt

The same one voted "Leave" and then used two Polish gentlemen to lay a new patio on the cheap before they had to leave! :laugh8:

I asked the same question believe me, but the company say it's to safeguard further jobs?

The Government have promised companies 80% of an employees wage if they don't sack the employee; but as a dyed in the wool cynic my immediate thought was "Eighty percent of bugger all is bugger all."

Good luck for the future!

Why are they not keeping them on retention so they get 80% of their wages whilst the crisis is over as there will not be any jobs whilst its on, they could play the system and then if they deem it is essential once the virus as gone make them redundant then if they still insist it is to protect jobs at least the market will have opened back up and they will have a better chance of finding a job.
Seems a bad company that can not help the situation by playing the system to help people through it unless there is something I have missed

Where will we get the paperwork from? Where will they get all the police to patrol all roads? Where will they get police vehicles for the police to patrol all roads?
I bet the Tories wish they didn't make so many cuts

Why are they not keeping them on retention so they get 80% of their wages whilst the crisis is over as there will not be any jobs whilst its on, they could play the system and then if they deem it is essential once the virus as gone make them redundant then if they still insist it is to protect jobs at least the market will have opened back up and they will have a better chance of finding a job.
Seems a bad company that can not help the situation by playing the system to help people through it unless there is something I have missed

You have said what i was thinking thumb

Only one guy out of my team (engineer) has gone but he took the pi5s at Christmas by going to Edinburgh on unofficial leave when he supposed to be on standby, the rest are in telesales, call dispatch and sales.

Where will we get the paperwork from? Where will they get all the police to patrol all roads? Where will they get police vehicles for the police to patrol all roads?
I bet the Tories wish they didn't make so many cuts

The paperwork will be available online, if you do not have a printer you have to copy it by hand, someone said earlier the newspapers had forms in them people could use.

It'll be a nightmare for the police when it starts as people will ignore it as they did the request to stay home, once they start dishing fines out attitudes will change, i don't think policing it will be too much of a problem as they wont have much else to do.

Someone said to me today (so it must be true) that it's possible to display the form on your phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back