Lockdown achievements

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New closeboard fence at bottom of garden - my shed peeping over the top !
IMG_20200406_171743802_HDR.jpg

I finally got my head around to make a keezer. It was long hunt to actually get a chest freezer donor as for the first 4 weeks of lock-down they were sold out everywhere. OK few available on eBay but at silly price £400+ for a 200L. I finally got one for reasonable price, picked up all my timber, paint, screwed leftovers from other projects. It took me four evenings to complete it. You could really do it in one evening (6h or so) if you don't want to pain it and don't have 5yo son who constantly misplace your tools :laugh8:.

So here t is, my Lockdown achievement:
Image01.jpg
Image02.jpg
Image03.jpg
Image04.jpg
Image05.jpg
Image06.jpg
Image07.jpg
Image08.jpg
Image09.jpg

Image10.jpg

A park 20 minutes from our house, my wife decided she wanted to walk around the lake, a keen angler, watching fish topping in a lake where we aren't allowed to fish. It was a torture and 2 hours out of my life walking around it.
008.JPG

A park 20 minutes from our house, my wife decided she wanted to walk around the lake, a keen angler, watching fish topping in a lake where we aren't allowed to fish. It was a torture and 2 hours out of my life walking around it.
View attachment 28403
A lovely 2 hours though with a backdrop like that. So calm and peaceful looking.

A lovely 2 hours though with a backdrop like that. So calm and peaceful looking.
Australia though, so 97C in the shade and insects that'll the bite your head off if the snakes don't get you first. :laugh8::eek:

Australia though, so 97C in the shade and insects that'll the bite your head off if the snakes don't get you first. :laugh8::eek:
Actually got below zero last 2 nights running, 14 C was the days top temperature, as for snakes, very few people are killed by snakes, they prefer retreat not attack. Leeches and ticks are the worst insects (don't know what a leech is) I have encountered both, wait for an animal or human to walk past and attatch them selves. I have red backs in the garden if I don't bother them they won't bother me.
Where I took the picture there is an infestation of kangaroos, they are everywhere and not afraid of humans. Now they can be dangerous.

Refloored the bathroom last week though took a few days having to remove sanitary ware, replace radiator and put it back together.
Something a bit more simple this time as the table is 15 years old and has been given the works by all 4 of our children so stripping it back to give it a bit of rejuvenation.

Attachments

• IMG-20200718-WA0007.jpeg
    IMG-20200718-WA0007.jpeg
    14.2 KB · Views: 160
  • 15950755195991382263276192288642.jpg
    15950755195991382263276192288642.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 171
I kept working: went to school every day and taught students online from a classroom with a whiteboard behind me.
I've kept working myself as our company went to extreme measures to keep the factory open keeping shift staff on the floor and everyone else working from home only gradually bringing essential personal back as needed. Unfortunately I work shifts so back on four nights tomorrow night.

Brewing more beer
Staying sane???
Staying Covid free
Bringing my golf handicap down
Decorating 3 bedrooms
Brewing even more beer
Building a kegerator
Using the forum as a means of staying sane (ish) :oops:
Staying married
And finally being a gopher for my wife who is working from home.

Back