Lockdown achievements

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what it's like at the moment..
When yours gets as bad as this, let me know.
rps20200514_211943.jpg

As for the achievements, I've grafted a bit during lockdown. Redecorated 2 kids bedrooms, replaced gutters and painted all woodwork on the back of the house, de-mossed and painted the garage roof, replaced a joist under our raised decking, and brewed a few times. Not bad.

Well nearly time for a beer. Managed to get the worktop up and level. Woopeeeee

Attachments

• IMG_20200514_220103.jpg
    IMG_20200514_220103.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_20200514_220112.jpg
    IMG_20200514_220112.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 302
The garden looks amazing, weeded to an inch of its life. All the fruit & veg seems to have benefited from working at home and nipping out to tend it during the day.
Loads and loads of cycling. Up to 100km in a day plus some local hill walking(its lucky we are on the hilly side of town).
Oh and brewed two batches of beer, drunk a lot and helped keep a few commercial breweries afloat. Still lost weight.
Made a great lamb curry and an omelette Arnold Bennet(another wfh benefit is we have access to the fish van now). Trying to do one new recipe a week.

The garden looks amazing, weeded to an inch of its life. All the fruit & veg seems to have benefited from working at home and nipping out to tend it during the day.
Loads and loads of cycling. Up to 100km in a day plus some local hill walking(its lucky we are on the hilly side of town).
Oh and brewed two batches of beer, drunk a lot and helped keep a few commercial breweries afloat. Still lost weight.
Made a great lamb curry and an omelette Arnold Bennet(another wfh benefit is we have access to the fish van now). Trying to do one new recipe a week.
It's all good for our mental health and I'm looking forward to going back to work tomorrow night to get a break. I'm lucky enough to work shifts and still have a job at the moment considering the circumstances...

Making good use of my worktop in the garage so out of boredom I decided to make a filter manifold for my mashtun as its raining and I want to get a brew on and try it out.

IMG_20200519_155703.jpg

Test fit before punching holes.

So holes punched using as wood spade bit rather than a drill which I started with and certainly a lot more control plus you can vary the size of the hole.

Attachments

• IMG_20200519_170420.jpg
    IMG_20200519_170420.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 303
Nice! I made one a few months ago...I did slits with a hack saw...my hands nearly fell off! It did boost my efficiency by nearly 10% though.
Have you soldered it?
I left mine push fit as it's easy to clean...I just made one piece a bit longer so it jams in the tun.

Nice! I made one a few months ago...I did slits with a hack saw...my hands nearly fell off! It did boost my efficiency by nearly 10% though.
Have you soldered it?
I left mine push fit as it's easy to clean...I just made one piece a bit longer so it jams in the tun.
No like yourself I didn't solder for the same reasons though I did give each joint a gentle squeeze with the grips to stop them slipping out but can still remove them.Just recirculating wort in the mash tun now and not a grain in sight and the wort is crystal clear.Super impressed.Should have done this a few years back instead of waiting until I bought a Robobrew but this will still be there for backup.

As for real non belly related achievements, the conversational French is coming along. Slowly, but It's coming along.
SWMBO wants to teach me how to dance. I told her that I'd start dancing the day she holds a fishing rod.

She's now decided that she's coming fishing tomorrow.

FFS, me and my gob.
As Del Boy would say, Pot Pourri.

Going to make a counter flow chiller tomorrow, got all the bits, broke my immersion chiller, so I'll be coiling. other than this, been working all the days I normally work.

Latest posts

Back