Locked threads??

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why didn't you ask at the time i would have been more than happy to put you straight.

Many years ago when we didn't have as many regular contributors as we do now the mods team decided we would give certain members supporting member status free of charge as a thanks for their input (the original owners were never consulted) a few years later when the forum changed hands the lack of payments was noticed and it was decided those that do not pay should no longer get it free of charge when many members have paid to support the forum.

£16 a year (or £3 a month) helps keep the place running and as has been said its not compulsory.

Help Support The Home Brew Forum(£3 per month or £16 per year) - Check out the benefits and how to sign up HERE.
Perhaps a message would have been good. To be honest I didn't notice. You would think the new owner would have just take the forum as a going concern and not worry about what happened before

Perhaps a message would have been good. To be honest I didn't notice. You would think the new owner would have just take the forum as a going concern and not worry about what happened before

Perhaps Austin was far too busy running hundreds of forums to look for every individual not paying and message them and instead put in a cut off point for all members not paying with one click in the settings.

I assume you have been here long enough to remember what happened back in the day but if not a little history lesson (the very short version) for you and other members.

The original members who set this forum up decided to sell as the costs of running it as it got bigger were spiralling and they didn't want to go down the advertising route, an American company bought the forum and the guy that run it back then Austin made several changes to the forum it is still owned by the same company but Austin hasn't run the place for a while, this is a business with huge running costs and limited advertising (which members can disable) if you don't want to contribute to the running costs that's up to you.

Last edited:
Give the poor man a break guys... having been a forum admin and moderator myself (not here, obvs) I can say for sure that it's a demanding and unrewarding task at the best of times...
Without any disrespect to Chippy_Tea the position of Forum Administrator whether paid or otherwise is voluntary, you are not forced to do it. And answering questions, like the ones raised today, go with the territory. If members have concerns about how the forum is being run they have a right to raise them.

Give the poor man a break guys... having been a forum admin and moderator myself (not here, obvs) I can say for sure that it's a demanding and unrewarding task at the best of times...

Thanks, its a funny old job as you know a lot goes on being the scenes that members never see as for moderating i try to be fair and i don't get many complaints, i also have a thick skin which does help sometimes. ;)

And answering questions, like the ones raised today, go with the territory. If members have concerns about how the forum is being run they have a right to raise them.

I have never said they don't, if members have concerns they should voice them its a members forum without members there would be no forum.

I think the subject has been done to death i have answered every point you have made and at your request you now have all the posts back in the snug so non of the ones in the OTR forum are hidden from those that posted in them, i am locking the thread as have said i have answered every point you have made and put the threads back in the snug i really don't want this to go round in endless circles, if you want to discuss this further feel free to message me.

Help Support The Home Brew Forum(£3 per month or £16 per year) - Check out the benefits and how to sign up More info - HERE.

Here at The Homebrew Forum we strive to provide a friendly and technical oriented community with limited advertising that works towards our hobby and passion. The The Homebrew Forum Supporting Membership program provides the much needed funds to cover all the expenses it takes to keep this great website running. We rely on this program to keep the lights running and highly appreciate your support!

The Homebrew Forum Supporting Membership Benefits

• Access to active private forum for Supporting Members only. (More info - Here)
  • Post & thread editing time increases to one month.
  • Recognition of your Supporting Member status.
  • The ability to post in Classifieds without waiting.
  • The ability to turn off advertisements.
  • Unlimited private message space.
  • Unlimited file attachment space.
  • Unlimited gallery space.
  • The satisfaction that you are supporting The Homebrew Forum's future and it's role within the hobby as a library of knowledge and community.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back