London and south east 2018 homebrew comp

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

svenito

Regular.
Reaction score
http://londonandsoutheast.brewcompetition.com/

lsecbc2018.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm planning to enter this with 3 beers. Anyone else coming down on the 20th?

I had planned to enter an eisbock, had it registered but then noticed they want 5x 330ml bottles. Not a chance.

I had planned to enter an eisbock, had it registered but then noticed they want 5x 330ml bottles. Not a chance.

They also accept 3x 500ml bottles, not sure if that makes it any better?

What are the prizes like at these sort of events?

Nah, I bottled it all in 330s cos it's over 11%.

There's some decent sponsors there so you'd expect decent prizes.

Nice. When I get a freezer I'm gonna try and make one. I'm really into my lagers and they seem to be very forgiving on my setup.
Have a look at my brew thread which includes the freeze concentrating. It was a bit of a ******** getting the temperature down in my old fridge, took 2 days to get low enough to freeze which was about -7°c!

They also accept 3x 500ml bottles, not sure if that makes it any better?

What are the prizes like at these sort of events?

We're working on the prize list, but as an example last year the 1st, 2nd, 3rd for Best of Show beers all got to brew their own beer with a commercial brewer, to be sold commercially.
Champion brewer got a Grainfather conical worth ~£400, 2nd got a SS conical worth £300, 3rd got their choice of equipment from Maltmiller up to £250.

All 13 tables also got prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd:

Prize table.PNG

We're very particular about the judging and feedback - every beer should be judged by a pair of judges with at least one BJCP qualified judge (or equivalent), and you'll get written feedback sheets within a few days of the competition.

I just signed up. I'll have some beers to enter by then and it should be a fun day out. Never done a proper competition before.

Nearer the time I'd like to organise a forum meet and bottleswap if anyone is up for that?

What for the forumites that have entered the HB comp? Yeah why not.

Yeah, would be good to meet and share some beers. I'd like to do more bottle swaps but I hate the post office, so seems like a good idea seeing as some of us will be in person.

Latest posts

Back