Long fermentation of all grain

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jobber

Reaction score
Hi

I've recently brewed my first all grain (stove top style) kit.

Had a lot of activity with the fermentation within the first few days. But 4 weeks on, it looks like it is still fizzing. By that, I mean theres still small bubbles being released. Is this normal? As it's in a demijohn I can see the bubbles easily. Previously kits I've done have been in opaque plastic buckets so I can't normally see the activity.

Any comments would be welcomed.

Its normal to have a degree of ‘fizziness’ after fermentation has finished, if you have ever tried your beer straight out of primary it’s normally lightly carbonate. As always best option is if possible to take a gravity reading and see if it is stable over a couple of days.

I’ve got an American pale on the go and after three weeks it’s still bulging the lid and bubbling into the blow off bottle. It’s a usual recipe except I’ve added 500g of dextrose...some kits with added dextrose take ages to finish.

Its normal to have a degree of ‘fizziness’ after fermentation has finished, if you have ever tried your beer straight out of primary it’s normally lightly carbonate. As always best option is if possible to take a gravity reading and see if it is stable over a couple of days.
+1 with @obscure on this, trust your hydrometer.

Latest posts

Back