Long Fermentation

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WildOne

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Just wondered if I could have your opinions as to whether this is normal- little more than 2 weeks ago I set a gallon of turbo cider away. It was 4 litres of Morrisons smartprice apple juice, a cup of extra strong tea (for tannins), a bottle of Lowicz raspberry syrup and used Wilko’s cider yeast.

It’s all sat in a demijohn with an airlock on top, and it’s still bubbling every few seconds. Maybe I’m overthinking it but I thought it would’ve been done by now.
Is it normal to take this long?

Thanks!

Two weeks does seem quite a long time for turbo cider, temperature can make quite a difference in fermentation times especially at this time of year is it cold in the room the DJ is in?

2-4 weeks is pretty normal in my turbo cider experience. Especially if you've upped the sugar level with lowicz and are shooting for a 6-7% brew
I always have at least one on the go and I always just leave it a month before thinking about checking it's gravity and bottling.

2-4 weeks is pretty normal in my turbo cider experience. Especially if you've upped the sugar level with lowicz

Thanks Nick, I don't make cider and my wines usually finish around 7 of 8 days on the heat pad this time of year so I assumed cider would be the same

Back