Long term viability of this bottle?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twisted

Reaction score
Been looking around at some fancy (and very cheap) bottles on alibaba recently, saw this barrel bottle (see image) and had a question...

barrel-bottle.jpg

I can't imagine this would be viable for long term storage as it is, but if I were to seal it with wax would that change things?

One other question, has anyone bought bottles in bulk from alibaba before and if so did you get what you ordered and was it delivered in a reasonable time?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
happy to stand corrected, but for wine you are protecting the contents against oxygen and UV light.
so if its well sealed and sanitory, then no reason it wouldnt keep it fresh against oxygen and contamination. store in a dark place and no UV issues either.

i;ve long term stored wine in 500ml coke bottles before now. No issues.

Thanks for your input :)

Any knowledge on the reliability of cheap bulk bottle buys on places like alibaba?

I find Ali Express fine for ordering small items, but I'm not confident about shipping fragile glass items all that way.

It's more about how much you would trust the courier.
Also small items go air mail, but large bulky stuff might go by container ship & take months

Latest posts

Back