Long time brewer and lurker. Hello to all.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clarence

Landlord.
Reaction score
Clarence here, signing in. Been brewing for a while; Like traditional English ales and most styles of light coloured lagers. All bottled, I'm afraid, as I haven't got round to metal kegs yet. Love playing with different hop although I'm not too fond of many of the more popular US varieties. Last brew was a recreation from Dave Line's recipe for Carlsberg Special Brew. Looking forward to posting successes and failures sometime soon. All the best.

Clarence here, signing in. Been brewing for a while; Like traditional English ales and most styles of light coloured lagers. All bottled, I'm afraid, as I haven't got round to metal kegs yet. Love playing with different hop although I'm not too fond of many of the more popular US varieties. Last brew was a recreation from Dave Line's recipe for Carlsberg Special Brew. Looking forward to posting successes and failures sometime soon. All the best.
Welcome to the forum!
I'm actually new here too. I'm a newbie to craft beer so i wanna find some knowledge here

I expect it was a vast improvement on the Special Brew you can buy. It used to be delicious when it was the 9% or whatever recipe, but now at 7.5% it is feeble
Cheers and welcome!
Mine came out at 10½% abv and it's been in the bottle for about 6 months although it's lurking around at about 20C at the moment. Tried a bottle a little while ago and I have to say that's it's nothing much like I used to remember it, in fact it's more like Tennent's Superstrength or one of the other dodgy winos' lagers. Back to the drawing board, I think. Any old strong stuff might have been good enough in the seventies, but we've moved on a bit from there, I think.
It won't go to waste, though. No. Not a single drop.

Latest posts

Back