Looking for a fast fermenting clean Kilju recipe?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berry454

Reaction score
I'm looking for a kilju recipe that will finish fermenting to 14% ABV within 7 days. It needs to be a clean recipe that won't produce lots of off flavours.

Can someone recommend me a good recipe and the best yeast to use to achieve 14% abv within 7 days of fermentation?

For anyone who doesn't know what Kilju is, it's a basic sugar wine which is simply made from water, sugar, yeast and nutrient.

Basically a sugar wash but a lot cleaner in taste as kilju is NOT distilled.

I am not sure if this is what you are after but its the only thing i have seen that will reach 14% - 21% in a short time.

ALCOTEC - TURBO 48 YEAST WITH CARBON - 14-21%

This is a new Turbo Yeast by Alcotec that contains dried yeast, nutrients & dried carbon.
This yeast is suitable for fermenting up to 25L of wash at 25 degrees to produce approximately 14% ABV in 48 hours or 20% in 5 days.
We reccomend leaving the yeast to ferment until the desired gravity is reached as it can vary depending on temperatures, sugars etc.
Requires 6-7kg of sugar, or 8-9kg of dextrose for approximately 14% ABV
Requires 9-10kg of sugar or 10-11kg of dextrose for approximately 21% ABV

Contains dried yeast, carbon, nutrients, enzymes, vitamins & trace minerals.
Available in 175g packets.
Instructions
To use this yeast add 15 litres of water at 25 degrees to your fermenter.
Add your sugar, depending on desired ABV and mix well.
Top up with water to 25L and adjust temperature to keep it at 25 degrees.
Finally add contents of this packet, mix well and leave to ferment between 18-25 degrees.
This should give you approximately 14% ABV in 48 hours, or 21% in seven days depending on sugar, as stated above we reccomend working with gravity readings.

https://www.home-brew-hopshop.co.uk...alcotec-turbo-48-yeast-with-carbon-14-21.html

Latest posts

Back