Looking for a peach of a recipe.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrTr1cks

Reaction score
Hi all,
Not been brewing for a while an am looking for a good reliable Peach recipe, either fruit, syrup or High juice?

Thanks in advance

Here's an answer I posted to a similar question, it's my go to method and makes 25+ bottles. Tesco value peaches are 35p a tin so works out cheap:

Nothing complicated, I just use a basic WOW process

(It's nice half and half with tinned peaches, just peach or peach and mango is also nice)

12 cans Tesco pears in pear juice
2l Tesco apple juice
500g sultanas (tesco again about 80p)
3 tsp pectolase
4kg approx sugar
wine nutrient
E1118 yeast
2 tsp citric acid (optional)

I put the the the fruit and pectolase in a small bucket with lid and blend with a hand blender (put the sultanas in first otherwise the don't get blended), leave this 24 hrs.

Add hot water and dissolve about 3.5kg of sugar in FV and then add fruit (you can put it in a muslin bag but I don't bother)
add apple juice and top up to 20l with water give a really good stir, check O.G and adjust to 1090 ish and add last 3l of water.
Quick stir daily for first 5 days.

I rack of pulp after about a week, ferments out after 12-14 days and it's normally very dry around 992 so you may want to back sweeten to taste.

I clear my wines in a pressure barrel and it normally takes about a week to clear with a two part clearer (Don't forget to degas and stabilise).

Very drinkable after a month in the bottle but improves after a couple more or if your going to drink within a month or two I just leave it in the pressure barrel.

Back