Looking for some advice for a major upgrade

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noodleman

Reaction score
I've been making beers from grains for a couple of years, I currently have a 20L pot I use for mashing with a large gas burner and I use cool boxes as a tun. I filter out the grains later int he process by hand

This method has worked well for me, but I find myself having to make multiple batches, which takes a lot longer than if I was to be able to make a single large batch.

Thus, why I am looking for a reasonably serious upgrade and honestly haven't got a clue where to start. Naturally, I would like to invest as little cash into the project as possible, but I am well aware that what I want to do probably won't come cheap. I am fairly handy when it comes to making things, so have no issues re-purposing items to fit my needs ;)

I would like to mash around 100 - 150L per session or greater. for the sake of being specific, lets say 25 gallons (approx 115L)

Would anybody have any suggestions on where to start when considering the batch size, and also any suggestions on a good method for sparging this quantity of grain/liquid?

Considerations:
Needs to be as compact as possible, ideally setup when required and put away in corner of the garage when not in use.

Thanks in advance to any replies...

Back