Lost Youngs AIPA instructions

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Libigage

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi I've lost my Youngs AIPA instructions. Already been in the FV for 5 days, I only want to know when to add the hops, is it as normal with dry hopping, add for the last 4 days when fermentation has finished

I have found that the Youngs kits can take 3 weeks or so to fully ferment out so it can be difficult to decide when to dry hop. I forgot this once and dry hopped for about 10 days.

I've just put a Youngs APA in the fv (just sat down!) and I'm going to leave it for 14 days then check the gravity and go from there. I will aim for a 4 or 5 day dry hop.

@Libigage
My advice is to wait until the fermentation has fully finished, by checking with your hydrometer, and then add the hops, irrespective what the instructions advise. That way you have control over the dry hopping period before you package, and not a fermentation that has taken longer than you expected and prevents you from bottling. This kit can be over in only a few days according to some reports on here, or, on the other hand, take three weeks, as I and others have found out.

I did one of those as my first kit before i joined the forum, i followed the instructions and dry hopped after 7 days it carried on fermenting for another 10 days, so as above check with your hydrometer and dry hop when its finished i normally dry hop for 4 days then cold crash, i do ag now but still do the odd kit when its to cold to brew outside, youngs kits are very good i like the apa i also use dme instead of sugar and up the dry hop a little athumb..

Thanks all, thanks for the link, what were the results like with the extras? How much extra hops did you add and what were they.

Back