Lots of rhubarb!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
He should've frozen it and saved it for you to make wine with ha ha ha! wink...

I have thought about it but i am bone idle, making anything that involves more than pouring a juice pack into a FV and adding water and sugar is too much of a challenge these days. :laugh8:

Tess Tickle

Knowledge Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bottled one of the 5 gal batches today. This is the rhubarb mead and I got 29 bottles out of it. Very pleased with that, and I think it’ll be lovely in 6 months or so.

66558E5D-BE63-474F-AF78-06C70141F475.jpeg

Nidger

Regular.
Reaction score
Bottled one of the 5 gal batches today. This is the rhubarb mead and I got 29 bottles out of it. Very pleased with that, and I think it’ll be lovely in 6 months or so.

View attachment 47209

Looking good, I have some rhubarb and might try it.
I only use one label per batch of wine though. And keep the labled bottle to mature.
Saves on labels as I'm tight 👍🤣

Tess Tickle

Knowledge Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking good, I have some rhubarb and might try it.
I only use one label per batch of wine though. And keep the labled bottle to mature.
Saves on labels as I'm tight 👍🤣

They were very cheap and because I've got 1000 they'll last forever! Considering buying a DYMO though so I don't have to write on them all. Just pure laziness on my part! :laugh8:

Reaction score
They were very cheap and because I've got 1000 they'll last forever! Considering buying a DYMO though so I don't have to write on them all. Just pure laziness on my part! :laugh8:

These look pretty good:

Tess Tickle

Knowledge Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These look pretty good:

They do look good but I'm in the business of not having to take the damn things off after each use and scrub the sticky crap off - that's why I use a hanging label. At times there's a pretty quick turnover on my bottles 😁 ;)

An Ankoù

Landlord.
Reaction score
I'll be making rhubarb wine this year, too. It's one of the few wines I make regularly.
Anybody interested in a recipe for rhubarb jam? It's my favourite, spiced with a bit of ginger.

Reaction score
Mead looks wonderful very smart and lovely colour. Yet to get back into wine and slightly off topic, we made this a few years back with spare rhubarb
Simple infusion, sanitized jar in dark cupboard for two months occasional shake then strain and bottle, very tasty
  • 800g rhubarb
  • 200g caster sugar
  • A few strips of orange and lemon zest
  • 1 star anise (optional)
  • 1 litre vodka
  • Large Kilmer type jars

Nidger

Regular.
Reaction score

Mine were free but only have an envelope full.
I remember there used to be boxes full at work and I asked someone where they went since we'd stopped using them and I'd started brewing again.
They must of been thrown apart from the ones I got given 🙄

I know what you mean about the sticky labels, I've even given up removing the original labels now.
I mostly make merlot and all the bottles are the same and merlot anyways 👍🤣

I just put them all in seperate batches and put a label on one then keep that bottle when I've drank the rest lol.
I'll save all the labled ones for xmas haha

Reaction score
I made a Rhubarb wine back in 2020 and have just started drinking it. Came out fantastic.. like a nice white crisp German wine, My German friend loved it and also my fishing buddy. Well worth the effort. 🥂🥂
Started Oct 2020 and bottled Feb 21

An Ankoù

Landlord.
Reaction score
You had rice pudding at school ? Luxury, lad. We didn't even have a school. We were sent down t' pit at the age of three and a half and not let back up until we retired. Would have loved half a spoonful of rice pudding!

Latest posts